3rd gear shifting; issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch Cassidy

Reaction score
Just bought a new 2019 and I'm breaking it in..... but 3rd gear is almost always difficult, hard to shift. It really takes a conscious effort and this happens mostly at the higher rpms... (but nothing over 6000).
Anyone else have such an issue.? I'm thinking that it needs another clutch plate (as I have read should be installed).
What say you.?

If it is 'new' i.e. from a dealer and still under warranty then I'd take it back to them to sort.

A clutch would only prevent shifting if it was dragging and this would affect all gears so I don't see that as being the issue. That said bleeding it may help or tying back the clutch lever overnight will often help remove any lingering air.

If it is 'new' i.e. from a dealer and still under warranty then I'd take it back to them to sort.

A clutch would only prevent shifting if it was dragging and this would affect all gears so I don't see that as being the issue. That said bleeding it may help or tying back the clutch lever overnight will often help remove any lingering air.
yeah, thanks. I will notify the dealer on the initial maintenance .... just trying to inform myself beforehand.

Back