4-2-1 Kerker too loud,,,,,for me.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99 MAX

Reaction score
Do they sell a quieter baffle for the alum can? or does anybody have one they want to sell, Thanks.

Did you check the packing first? I think they do sell a different baffle or you can make one yourself or ask Marks Performance and he can make one

I've got a 1 1/2 end on my kerker. I recently repacked it and found it to be noticeably quieter. It's cheap and easy to do and if I were you that's where I'd start.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

A turn down tip helps too.

Attachments

• 99 vmax.jpg
    99 vmax.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 30
I like that turndown tip. Does that just bolt right on? Where did you buy it?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I believe Frank got it from Morley from when he owned the bike. Yes, it bolts right on.

What baffle do you have?? Is it a really big opening? It may be the comp baffle which is pritty loud I got it but I also got a smaller one incase the cops decided to pick on me. There bulleys here in NY. Search for a used baffle. I picked up my smaller one just incase. Got it for 50$ shipped which I think was a DAM good deal. Looked brand new

Yeah big opening, but I just went out and pulled it to find PO didn't wire wrap the packing so one whole section was gone top to bottom, I rewrapped it with new packing and wired it tight, a little softer note now, it seems I spend most of my time fixing PO mods,,,, one more question, I'm a new Max owner and have a lot to learn, is it common for the clutch side to have a rattle sound at idle? motor pulls strong with no slipping, I just hear that internal rattle going on, Thanks.

I don't think any rattling sounds are good lol unless u got a ducati. Does it disappear when u pull the clutch in?? I know mine does almost like a rubbing noise if the bikes in neutral and clutch lever released but goes away when I pull it in. My girlfriends bike does it too. I think its normal. May be because I have a HD (heavy duty not FART BIKE) clutch in mine

Great, it quietens down a little with clutch pull, I guess I couldn't hear it before with the loud exhaust LOL.

Back