40.5 mpg yesterday...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
With a few trips into the boost, one 8000+ ft mountain pass, and a 75mph average. Not bad. With 100% freeway riding I think I get closer to 42mpg (IIRC from last year).

You must still have 100% dino fuel where you ride.

With my 85, the sweet spot for fuel mileage is right between 75-80mph. But I haven't seen 40mpg since ethanol came to pass. (friggin' chit)

You must still have 100% dino fuel where you ride.

With my 85, the sweet spot for fuel mileage is right between 75-80mph. But I haven't seen 40mpg since ethanol came to pass. (friggin' chit)
+1. With a steady throttle I can average about 40-44 at 75mph. Nothing but ethanol available at the pump out this way.Still think I'm a tad rich with 152.5 mains. 150 mains are next small project.
Steve-o

Yea, I can pull high 30's on my mixed (city/county/highway) commute, I usually pop the light right between 110 and 120 miles and fill up with about 3 gallons. I tend to operate in 1 of 3 alternating modes - I am either pushing full economy on the single lane roads with a light right hand and keep in top gear as much as possible, or riding a steady 80+ on the highway, or ripping around in the city's stop and go BS. I think I could see 40+ no problem on a steady highway/country cruise, if I could keep myself behaved long enough. We see plenty of ethanol in our junk here.

I run 147.5 mains at the suggestion of Sean. Stock except for Holeshot slip ons, plug color is perfect toasty marshmallow. Stage 1 needles at 4th clip.

Anywhere between 35-40 is normal. I also agree that the 85-90 range is the "sweet spot" for mileage...essentially as fast as you can go without using boost. One time I got like 43 and was in the 90's almost the entire trip...I was expecting the light at around 100, when it still wasn't on at 120 I thought it must be broken. Finally came on at like 129. Weird.

Back