2nd Gen VMAX 497th 2nd Gen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaXXX

Reaction score
VMax Year
Found this carbon-fiber clad '09 priced to sell on CL last fall. Only had 16k miles but looked and ran rough. I was preparing to walk when the kid said he had a "box of stuff" for the bike that he'd never looked through. He dug it out of the dirt/cobwebs and I took a quick gander. After seeing a cat, cans, shields, signals, mirrors, etc., we shook on a deal. When I got a chance to give the box a good going through I discovered some real gems. I'll post pics of a few of the surprises. I returned the bike to stock but modded the airbox and had the ECU Gurued.
20210523_192559.jpg
20210711_115322.jpg
20210711_120209.jpg
20210711_115243.jpg
20210711_114907.jpg
20210711_133318.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE:
-Delkevic mid-pipes/slip-ons
-Airbox mod + K&N
-Nash flash (for above)
-DoubleD spring/retainer mod
-Pitbull spindles
-Pazzo levers
-Sato rear sets
-Tender voltmeter/USB ports
-Custom LED bulbs
-ProTaper bars
-Sickspeed horn
-CNC sliders
-YZF LED signals
-L3K 6.6 gal tank
-KIWAV mirrors
-Magical Racing seat cowl
-Voodoo kickstand
-Smoked taillight
-Reflector delete
-Scoop debadge
-Tail trim
-EBC HH sintered pads
20230101_172558.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll take that back, I went out and checked and I do have the badges!!! That’s so awesome!! I’m #262
Seems like I read somewhere that the 09 was a limited edition or something? Or maybe just a smaller amount of units produced the first year?? The only thing I found is Australia only got 150 of the 09 model. I wonder how many came to the United States.

Last edited:
I’ll take that back, I went out and checked and I do have the badges!!! That’s so awesome!! I’m #262
Seems like I read somewhere that the 09 was a limited edition or something? Or maybe just a smaller amount of units produced the first year?? The only thing I found is Australia only got 150 of the 09 model. I wonder how many came to the United States.
I've heard the phrase "limited run" associated with the '09s too although I don't know exactly what it means.
I'm not able to speak on an unflashed ECU's true performance because the bike had a very ratty Voodoo exhaust/mid-pipe when I got it. It was running like shit, smelled like a fuel spill, and sounded like a dragster parade. Popping and sputtering more than an Appalachian fued.
I sent the ECU to Guru while I put the stock parts back on. I can say that it ran fantastic with Tim's stock flash. Very smooth, manageable powerband.
I can also say his Holeshot flash paired with the decat/Delk/K&N setup is borderline scary. Granted, I installed the extra clutch spring and retainer at the same time as the reflashed ECU. Now it's brutal acceleration and spooky speed. Took some time to adjust to the difference.

I've heard the phrase "limited run" associated with the '09s too although I don't know exactly what it means.
I'm not able to speak on an unflashed ECU's true performance because the bike had a very ratty Voodoo exhaust/mid-pipe when I got it. It was running like shit, smelled like a fuel spill, and sounded like a dragster parade. Popping and sputtering more than an Appalachian fued.
I sent the ECU to Guru while I put the stock parts back on. I can say that it ran fantastic with Tim's stock flash. Very smooth, manageable powerband.
I can also say his Holeshot flash paired with the decat/Delk/K&N setup is borderline scary. Granted, I installed the extra clutch spring and retainer at the same time as the reflashed ECU. Now it's brutal acceleration and spooky speed. Took some time to adjust to the difference.
Why the clutch mod, after completely unleashed does it not hold up/slip under the torque or what? I know the clutch cover looks huge and figured the stock unit would be substantial?? I’d love to hear more about this being it would be an easy mod if needed.

Why the clutch mod, after completely unleashed does it not hold up/slip under the torque or what? I know the clutch cover looks huge and figured the stock unit would be substantial?? I’d love to hear more about this being it would be an easy mod if needed.
In my case it was a preemptive strike. I wasn't detecting slippage yet but with the tune, pipes, and filter I anticipated it being inevitable. Judging from others' experience shared on the forum, the clutch is barely adequate for the bike in stock form but suffers with any hp/torque increases.

Latest posts

Back