5 inch tire to 4.5inch rim

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uri gal

Reaction score
Hello

I have a Exactrep rear rim- 17" / 4.5 inch

I want to buy new tire and I am looking for a sporty tire

I want to buy the bridgestone BT016 (170/60 17")

The bt016 have a range of 5 – 5.5 inch (from bridgestone site)

Although it</SPAN>, can I fit it in my 4.5 rim?

uri

I am sure it will fit on the rim but won't have the "ideal" profile for optimum handling.

my brother has a 180 on his 4.25x18" so it 'works' but i agree with sean, a 170 or even 160 would be best.

A 160 width is going to fit that wheel better as was said. It may not be the 'fatty' look you may want, but a 170 isn't gonna do it either. You can induce some handling issues by going to too-big a tire on too-narrow a rim. Is that what you need on a VMax? Nah...

I have a Kosman 5" x 17" rear & run a 160 because I got a good price on one, & bought a front to match, Bridgestones, I am happy w/them. Radials, of-course. When the rear wears-out I'll probably look for a 170, though.

also remember if you go too wide, it pulls it in and not only has a smaller contact patch but also 'looks' smaller.

Friends, the question not was about making the rear tire fatter, its already fat :)

Today already have 170/60 17" (Pirelli Diablo 2) , now I want to change the tire to BT016 (same size of 170/60 17") – but the recommended size of rim for this tire is - 5" while I have a 4.5"

Friends, the question not was about making the rear tire fatter, its already fat :)

Today already have 170/60 17" (Pirelli Diablo 2) , now I want to change the tire to BT016 (same size of 170/60 17") – but the recommended size of rim for this tire is - 5" while I have a 4.5"

the shinko rep i talked to said you can go +/- .5" on the recommended. altho he couldn't 'officially' say that. so if it says 5", then a 4.5" shoudl be okay, but probably a 160 would be best if you can wing it.

While everyone else is trying to tell you to go with a smaller tire, in conclusion; yes, you can run that tire on your rim.

wich tire have you putted on 4.5 OEM rim?

the shinko rep i talked to said you can go +/- .5" on the recommended. altho he couldn't 'officially' say that. so if it says 5", then a 4.5" shoudl be okay, but probably a 160 would be best if you can wing it.

Michelin also communicate the +0.5" officially for most of their tire.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm running a Bridgestone BT023 170/60-17 on the same wheel as you without any problem, it fits perfectly and the recommended rim is also 5 to 5.5 inch

Back