!50 paj 2?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vee4DFW

Reaction score
Howdy everyone,

I am dialing in my Morley carb Kit and I have a bit of a stumble around 4K.
I have a Kerker with the 2.5 inch baffle the bike makes good power all the way through the range except for the 4K hiccup and slight coughing around 3K. Also almost a rock solid idle @ 1K

I read up on these posts that PAJ 2 has some pretty dramatic effects so I was pulling them out to give them a good cleaning. Lo and behold I found all the carbs set up with 150??!!! I have on hand 165's and 175's. Which ones should I use temporarilt to cure the stumble?

By the way I have 155 mains and about 4-4.5 turns out on each carb. The needles are set at 4 from the blunt end.

Thanks in advance

Usually the way to fix any stumble around 4-4.5k rpm is to lift the needles a little.

You say you're on the 4th click from blunt end - can you try a little either way and see if it helps or makes it worse?

Also which kind of needles are they? Are your slides drilled, and are you using cut or OEM springs? You can always tie a couple of spring loops to make them temporarily less strong too..

They are the Stg 7 needles. The slides are drilled and I'm using the stg 7 springs.

Mine came with 165 and 175 for the upper ranges. No 170 and 177.5

I'm goign to put in the 175's for a stop gap and try it out.

Paying attention here, be installing one soon, though not on my own I'm sorry to say.
th_smilie.gif
Not yet anyhow.
Steve-o

There is nothing wrong with the kit. It's just no set of carbs is a alike so you'll have varying set ups. There is alot of data on these forums that get you in the ball park. I'm still scratching my head about having 150's:ummm:

I used the 177.5 in Paj2. Seemed to help up top. The stumble at 4000 was fixed by a needle shim. But I'm using stock needles.

Dale #2592

I replaced the 150's with the 175's and raised the needle to the third notch from the blunt end. I go rid of the stumble and it seems to run a heck of alot better with the pilot jet change. Thank you all for your help.

Paying attention here, be installing one soon, though not on my own I'm sorry to say.
th_smilie.gif
Not yet anyhow.
Steve-o

I just saw this post.

With any minor machanical back ground at all, you can install a jet kit yourself. There is nothing technical enough that you can't get through it. It's also a lot of fun!:punk: Only really need a common set of tools.

I would def recommend the Morley kit. You can do the stage 7 needles too, but you don't need them. The stock needles are a beast in the mids!!

Sean's an awesome guy too. He (among others) will assist in getting you started in the right direction.

Just my $.02

I just saw this post.

With any minor machanical back ground at all, you can install a jet kit yourself. There is nothing technical enough that you can't get through it. It's also a lot of fun!:punk: Only really need a common set of tools.

I would def recommend the Morley kit. You can do the stage 7 needles too, but you don't need them. The stock needles are a beast in the mids!!

Sean's an awesome guy too. He (among others) will assist in getting you started in the right direction.

Just my $.02

I have more tools than brains. Over 30 years as a mechanic. But many times I learn things here from my Bud in Franklin (Garrett) 1/2 my age, and from a lot of the rest of you. Sean was a big help too, total support on the phone when installing the kit on Mark's bike. It was a great experience.

Howdy everyone,

I am dialing in my Morley carb Kit and I have a bit of a stumble around 4K.
I have a Kerker with the 2.5 inch baffle the bike makes good power all the way through the range except for the 4K hiccup and slight coughing around 3K. Also almost a rock solid idle @ 1K

I read up on these posts that PAJ 2 has some pretty dramatic effects so I was pulling them out to give them a good cleaning. Lo and behold I found all the carbs set up with 150??!!! I have on hand 165's and 175's. Which ones should I use temporarilt to cure the stumble?

By the way I have 155 mains and about 4-4.5 turns out on each carb. The needles are set at 4 from the blunt end.

Thanks in advance
Stock engine?

Back