$6 ignition coil. I will install ign. coil from chinese scooter!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't do that unless you know the input resistance is the same as the ones you are replacing, or within less then 50% or lower.

Too low resistance may damage the ignition module and although I have not looked for these, I would imagine cost considerably more.

An alternative, and considered an upgrade by many, is to fit COP - do search on here as to which ones are suited = you can get a S/H set for the price of set of them coils you are looking at.

Are you positive it's the coils and not the wires? (Wondering if you checked resistance at the coil, or through the plug wire "Into" the coil.)

I thought I had bad coils once, and it turned out, I just had to cut about 3/8" off the end of the wires going into coil. The ends were corroded and green. Clipped the bit off the end. Bam! no bad coils.

But hey, if you already checked that, disregard this post. (might be helpful to some of the newer folk passin through the forum.) 👍 :cool:

T$

I removed 2 rear cracked coils. Cracks are no big deal, easy to repair with RTV(dry with heat gun first to eliminate moisture), but one of them has 3 Ohm resistanse (normal, I guess) and another one is 150 Ohm.
I tried to get to front ones but couldn't yesterday. I'll check resistanse from ign module. I also think about installing 1 coil for all 4 cylinders (03 ford Focus coil)
I'll check resistanse specs.
I have plenty of good used coils priced reasonably
How much for coil and shipping to FL?

I removed 2 rear cracked coils. Cracks are no big deal, easy to repair with RTV(dry with heat gun first to eliminate moisture), but one of them has 3 Ohm resistanse (normal, I guess) and another one is 150 Ohm.
I tried to get to front ones but couldn't yesterday. I'll check resistanse from ign module. I also think about installing 1 coil for all 4 cylinders (03 ford Focus coil)

What part of Florida are you in? I live over by Daytona Beach and I have coils too.

If you just one 25 shipped

Back