6 Sigma jet kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a full set for 4 carbs?
What sort of gains are claimed?

This is a full set for 4 carbs?
What sort of gains are claimed?
Has to be per carburetor. Stage 7 for a Vmax has always been $300.00 plus. (Now they're running $375.00) and he's getting $79.50.

Besides that it has this verbiage towards the bottom:
We give a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Refund on each Kit.

That would make me think it's each kit so that if you order 4 kits and one of them is damaged they'll replace it.

It’s a business name, why jump off the fence on that…

We read the website FAQ where it says for all four carbs, we’ll see, I’ll post on the results…remain open minded until elated or disappointed….what is encouraging is they want to know the state of tune of your bike,how often do you see that…

Fair enough, website seems pretty comprehensive without the usual spelling/grammar mistakes, they ask the right questions and the site resolves to the US so we’ll see, I remain neutral as it’s a lot of effort for a short term gain and their market is all encompassing 🤷‍♂️ My point being who knows without trying…so I’ll front it up and if I get mugged it’ll save anyone else.

cheers

I bought a kit from them for my V65 back in 2009. Huge mistake. Cheap, unbranded jets sized completely wrong. Huge waste of time and money. I fought with it for quite some time before I gave up and put the carbs back to stock and started over with a DJ kit that had it running good on the first try and perfect on the second try. When buying things like this, you aren't necessarily paying for the physical parts so much as the R&D that went into figuring out what works and makes good power and proper running combinations. It seemed 6 smigma just did not do any of that. JMHO

Good luck, it sounds like anecdotal evidence from other members is not in-favor of this particular company's product. Perhaps their name should be, "6-Smegma."

I'm gonna offer a suggestion, from wherever you buy OEM parts, buy a set of main jets in 150 and 147.5 Mikuni sizes, and use those instead of the kit's you just bought. Jets are cheap, and leaning things out a bit, assuming you don't have any power adders (big-bore engine, supercharging, turbocharging, NOS) should improve power and throttle response.

Latest posts

Back