6th annual rally in the smoky mountains

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keep the rally in Tennessee and still have the BBQ or go back to Maggie Valley no BBQ

• Keep the rally in Tennessee with the BBQ

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Have it in Maggie valley this year and scale back the BBQ to just hamburgers & hotdogs & chips

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This years event will be held in Maggie Valley NC starting on Thursday evening 9/2 and ending on Sunday 9-5. All bikes welcome ! Host hotel is Travelowes Motel 3194 Soco Road Maggie Valley , NC 28751 The contact name of the person I spoke with is Vic His number is 828-788-5850 Mention my name Kyle Clegg to him to book & get the discounted rates.

Last edited:
I see what you mean. The ride is better to get to Maggie Valley than it is when you get there. You have to turn around and head back the way you came to get any decent roads.

Tough call.

I see what you mean. The ride is better to get to Maggie Valley than it is when you get there. You have to turn around and head back the way you came to get any decent roads.

Tough call.
We have good roads here. I am right by the Dragon & Cherohala skyway and Devils Triangle is out towards Knoxville but we have been doing them the last 4 years. There are a couple good loops off the Blue Ridge which is close to Maggie valley

Been trying to make it down for a couple years now. Had reservations at the Gateway Inn this past September and had to cancel due to covid and closed border crossings...What are the dates and where do we need to book a room for the ride in 2021?

Been trying to make it down for a couple years now. Had reservations at the Gateway Inn this past September and had to cancel due to covid and closed border crossings...What are the dates and where do we need to book a room for the ride in 2021?
It will be in Maggie Valley this year & will be Thursday 9-2 till Sunday 9-5 I still have not picked the hotel yet I am going to try & do that soon. I don't think the Hotel I used over there the first year is big enough now.

It will be in Maggie Valley this year & will be Thursday 9-2 till Sunday 9-5 I still have not picked the hotel yet I am going to try & do that soon. I don't think the Hotel I used over there the first year is big enough now.
Sounds good!
Let us know what type of accommodations we should be booking when you find the location . Happy New Year's to all !🏍💥

Ok I went over to Maggie Valley Yesterday & the only place I could find that still had enough rooms for most of us is the Travelowes Motel. I looked at the rooms & they were all nice .
They had 15 rooms left as of yesterday & he blocked 12 of them for me so we have 1 building to our selves. I would call ASAP to make reservations & maybe we can get all 15 rooms.

The contact I spoke with was Vic and his personal number is 828-788-5850 mention my name Kyle Clegg to get the discounted rates .
I would call sooner than later remember you can always cancel. I did find plenty of places within a mile that had a few rooms left in case this one fills up. The building pictured is just for us Vmax hooligans . They have plenty of parking for trailers & a firepit & BBQ grills. The dates for the rally are Thursday 9-2-21 till Sunday 9-5.21

Attachments

• 20210123_135129.jpg
    20210123_135129.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 28
I just booked room 11 of 12. The actual hotel number is 828-944-0700. I called Vic, but he was out and about and he told me to call the hotel directly.
Cool I was going to call and see how many rooms were left. If this fills up there are plenty of places within a mile that had a few rooms as of a couple weeks ago.

You guys are killing me. I was born and raised in NC (Hickory). Those are some of my old stomping grounds and I miss them terribly. LOTS of good riding roads in western NC. Pretty long haul for me to get over there now - even trailering.

I called and they were booked up, put my name on a wait list. 😔
They called me back 10 minutes later, they had another group cancel and reschedule for another weekend, so they now have 10 more rooms available!
Now for the borders to open up !🤞

Back