7th Annual Spring Ice Breaker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good map!! Im not worried about the amount of gas stations. Lol I know where were going. I just want thee leaders to realize that I can't go as long as everyone else.. and it sucks! I can't even go back and forth to work on a full tank!! But I love my max.

No Worries, just remind us before we leave the Hotel and we'll be sure to stop somewhere within your Range. :)
I'm not sure who will actually be up front because we always tend to kind of sort out the order as we go.
I typically end up somewhere in the middle to slightly back from the leaders of the pack.
We always have a few Faster riders that end up out front.

Seeing how my gf will be riding with me I told her she has to take pictures! Hopefully we can gets the bikes lined up at a ledge at lechworth

Yeah if you know 20A (and I'm sure you're pretty familiar with it) there are a few places where we can get on it pretty good and some where 5 mph over the limit is much better for your license. ;)

I'll bring a camera too, we should definitely be able to get some good shots.

I don't, but I'm guessing at least 10 VMaxes and hopefully more.
Jim might have a better handle on the actual count though.

To be honest I don't have a solid count either. What I have found is that you will get quite the number saying they are coming only to bag out at the last minute. I usually count on 15-20 give or take a few.

Have fun you guys, a safe time. You're close to where I learned to ride a bike and first rode off-road, outside of Rochester. Attica (the Penitentiary), Mt Morris (the dam), Canandaigua Lake (where we spent a summer at a lakefront estate, friends of my parents), lots of good riding there. Letchworth State Park may come as a shock to some people who think NY means NYC. A disproportionalely-large chunk of NY is local, state, or federal parkland, compared to other states.

Have fun you guys, a safe time. You're close to where I learned to ride a bike and first rode off-road, outside of Rochester. Attica (the Penitentiary), Mt Morris (the dam), Canandaigua Lake (where we spent a summer at a lakefront estate, friends of my parents), lots of good riding there. Letchworth State Park may come as a shock to some people who think NY means NYC. A disproportionalely-large chunk of NY is local, state, or federal parkland, compared to other states.

Attica?? You from there? Im born and raised alexander. Ive went to many states even when I lived in Pittsburgh pa for 3 yrs u say ny. They say oh the city?? I gave up and now just say buffalo ny

LOL, True enough but I might just eat enough at lunch to qulify as dinner.

As for Gas:
Warsaw is a good sized town where we can gas up about 40 Miles from the Hotel.
Mt Morris is just past the entrance to Letchworth State Park on the 36 and is about 55 Miles from the Hotel.
Dansville is about 70 Miles from the Hotel.
Etc, etc, tec.
There are plenty of Gas Stops we can make so you won't have to worry too much about it.
I don't see Gas Availibilty as a Problem on this ride. :)

Tentative Route Map Attached Below:

Great route! My son and I did that a 2 years ago and you won't be disappointed. Have a great time!

Blaine

Tim stopped by a couple hours ago, and reminded me about this ride. (Actually, he told me about it for the first time, because I didn't read this thread, thinking it was in Canada....)

I'm planning on coming out Friday for a while - if there's a meet & greet or something at the motel, and again Saturday for the ride. I have to be home by about 6 or so, because Kathy & I have a date to see a good band at a local pub. It's not more than about 20-30 minutes from the motel in Hamburg, and the band is really good, sooooo - if a few Maxes showed up there, it might be cool. I'm the only VMax rider that hits the local places, might be fun to get a few more out there. Cheap beer, good food, for those who get a bit hungry even after a good dinner, and the band is done by 11 - so no late night runs with the DUI police out there. Music starts at 7PM. Name of the place is Colden Lakes Resort.
See ya over the weekend!

Bill,
We'll be Glad to have you on Friday and Saturday.
We're having dinner at the Hotel Restaurant after the Ride (We got a 20% Discount and $2 Well Drinks/Bottled Beer) so going out to Colden Lakes after the ride is probably out.
I have been there a few times on my Max last year and I liked it alot.
I will probably end up there a time or two this summer as well.

PS
I called Letchworth State Park to see if we could get any discount on the Entrace Fee but sadly we can't.
It will be $8 per Motorcycle to drive through the Park.

Last edited:
It's a cool place, and great people own it. Motorcycle friendly, too! (But you probably know that, having been there)

^ I agree 100%, I really like it.
The last time I was there, there were about 30 Bikes in the Lot and a New B-King sitting up front.

Back