85 float bowl gasket parts source?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I haven't rebuilt the carbs on my 85 for ... I'm guessing 8 years. Bike has been so good to me I haven't had to do much of anything.

However, it's now showing signs of fuel varnish as I haven't been able to ride it enough. Rather than the shotgun fix, I figured I'd tear it down again. Once every 8 years is great, in my opinion.

I'm gonna need some gaskets. I did all of the jet block gaskets last time and they look great. I may only need a few here and there but I think at a minimum, I should replace the bowl gaskets.

Anybody have a recommended parts source for these? I see bikebandit has them for about $16.50 each....

I got K&L gasket/oring kits from ebay, for like $9 per carb. Has everything needed to freshen things up without costing an arm and leg with OEM Yamaha.

I got K&L gasket/oring kits from ebay, for like $9 per carb. Has everything needed to freshen things up without costing an arm and leg with OEM Yamaha.

Thank you for the reply. So no problems with the aftermarket kit? I've heard/read some horror stories about them. Off to look...

Brass parts in the Keyster kits have been found to be bad.

Haven't heard anything bad about K&L.

If your looking for OEM parts, Partzilla and boats.net seem to have the lowest prices lately.

That being said, I think float bowl gaskets are one of the more resilient parts in the carb.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm still in the process of going through the carbs and don't plan on replacing anything but gaskets and orings. Keyster appears to be made in China whereas the K&L is made in Japan. If I were replacing the needle and seat, I would go with genuine Yamaha to be safe.

K&L are made in Japan, I think the other aftermarket kits are made in China, the quality difference could be astounding. I got OEM Yamaha stuff from Morleys for my carbs.

Latest posts

Back