• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

'85 'Garage find' #407 for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a nice resto project?

Here is a 1985 low number (#407) for sale.

It looks like it's been sitting for quite a while but it's a complete, original 1985. The carbs had never been off the bike, mixture screw brass plugs were still in place, but surprisingly clean except for a few small chunks of rust. Carbs are completely rebuilt with new slide & cut-off diaphragms.

I test drove it after the carb rebuild, it runs really well, surprising power (kept wanting to spin in 2nd) and the trannie is good.

I de-rusted and installed a tank from a later model (1989) and made no changes other than that. The fenders are just sitting on the tires to give an idea of color & condition.

Has Metzler ME880 tires with good tread but age is unknown.

Here is a running video with the bike assembled:

http://s380.photobucket.com/user/danu3247/media/85%20VMax%20%20no-%20407/001_zps5ly3yfpa.mp4.html

Asking $2200

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back