85 Max Dyno Results Look Low???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoke

Reaction score
Hello,

I just had my bike dyno'ed on a dyno jet pull behind trailer at Sturgis on the River. This is the list of Mods to the bike.

Fully ported heads
12:1 forged Pistons
Heavy duty valve Springs
Stage 7 kit
kerker 4 into 1 (large baffle)
Dynatek Coils
Stock Ign (dyna being sent back to be fixed just stopped working)
200 miles on rebuild

9700rpm shifts
4th gear pull

Results 125rwhp 99 ft lbs torque

With everyones experience I was wondering if this seems about right? Thanks for any insight, Roy

That's pretty good...especially the torque reading. I expect horsepower to go up some as more engine break in occurs. Well done!

Hello,

I just had my bike dyno'ed on a dyno jet pull behind trailer at Sturgis on the River. This is the list of Mods to the bike.

Fully ported heads
12:1 forged Pistons
Heavy duty valve Springs
Stage 7 kit
kerker 4 into 1 (large baffle)
Dynatek Coils
Stock Ign (dyna being sent back to be fixed just stopped working)
200 miles on rebuild

9700rpm shifts
4th gear pull

With everyones experience I was wondering if this seems about right? Thanks for any insight, Roy

I'm sorry, I'm still focusing on your avatar...:worthy:

Great numbers, +1 on the Tq. You've got an arm stretcher :punk:

Ya about my avatar, funny thing is, mywife found it for me. Awesome wife. Enjoy, Roy

I have very limited experience. It seems your torque curve must be peeky. I run 130hp @80 but very flat. with the dip @4000rpm. on a stock 1200, kerker 2''baffle and partial stg7 vboost operational. Who ported hds? std. valves?

Ya about my avatar, funny thing is, mywife found it for me. Awesome wife. Enjoy, Roy

+1 She's pretty cool! 3rd degree black belt or something so she MADE me say that... :rofl_200:

My girlfriend (Susan) just saw mine yesterday and called me a dork so it's all good! :eusa_dance::biglaugh:

Hey Roy, I didn't hear your TQ numbers on Saturday. Johns was only 65 with the Cobra pipes so you should be VERY happy with that... I know it'll blow my scoops off...

Not sure if you are running the stock displacement or not. You have increased the compression which will show more torque in the mid range. Heavy Duty Valve Springs dont increase HP they just prevent valve float at high RPMS which high RPMS are a waste with the VMAX engine. You didnt say if you had stock cams or aftermarket? :ummm: Dynatek Coils wont increase HP they are a waste unless your OEM ones took a shit. You didnt state the CFM on your heads after ported. All depends on who did your heads, if a person is not excellent at this job and specializes in VMAX heads this could hurt your performance. So really all in all I didnt expect to see your numbers make me say HOLY CHIT!!!

If you are happy with your bike and you think its very fast than dont even bother to look at the numbers on paper from a dyno run a track run. most are dissapointed with the numbers.
To answer your question, yes 125RWHP is about what I would guess and your torque looks very good. IN all honesty I dont think much port work went into them heads
What RPM was your max HP made, you may need to change the shift point up to 10.2K if you have had headwork and you have heavy springs but as I stated the VMAX engine doesnt like it over 9800 in my opinion.

With everyones experience I was wondering if this seems about right? Thanks for any insight, Roy[/quote]

Yeah those torque numbers are awesome. My bike lay's down 122 rwhp fatter than fat at 10.5 and 11:1 A/F and 77 rwtq.

No i am happy with the results, I was just trying to get some insight on them. The heads were ported by myself which I am no professional with Vmax heads but, i do have a degree in engineering which benefitted me a little, never had them flowed, stock 85 Cams and not oversized bore, the whole ignition was shot coils and all, only reason I went to dyna. I have the same passion as most of you never enough power, cams will be next, looking at the web 376 lift what experience do you have with cam choices? Thanks Roy

peak hp was at shift point 9700
torque was not so smooth spiked around mid pull and leveling somewhat around 85 or so

Back