VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbaron13

Reaction score
So I have been riding the 86 vmax for nine weeks now. I wear it instead of it wearing me now. My 22 month old grandson heard a few thunderbolts last night and said, "Grandpa, cycle, go work", truth from the mouth of a babe, the super trapp muffler on the four in one sounds like thunder. I do believe all my car batteries are going dead because I have not been driving them. I have a few small issues on the bike, the oil dampened engine oil pressure gage spitting glycol through the rubber stopper at the top of the case, a small oil seep that stopped after I drained it to the proper level, a mellow chuff in the air box if the bike is not warmed up properly, otherwise I am totally satisfied with this almost thirty year old cruiser. No smoking no banging, and it does not like slow speeds. I am sure I will be checking in with you all when something strange happens.

mc

That little spit in the arbox is quite common- it is just like a bull letting you know who's boss.:rofl_200:

Man, I won't get off it, even my wife is jealous, I laugh at almost everything that pulls up to me at a stop light.

Glad you're enjoying it so much. Mine chuffs and huffs and puffs from the airbox for a few minutes when cold. I find that the (choke) is very sensitive and that getting it just in the correct spot helps. Usually, with my bike, Í just use about 1/4 to 1/2, if I get too much above that it is very noticeable. By the way, cold here is about 40-50 degrees. Also, if you aren't aware, like I wasn't the first time I heard the term, The Monkey is that unquenchable urge to modify.

Matt

Back