'88 ignition unit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus speedicus

Reaction score
In the seemingly never ending search for my randomly lost cylinder the only place left to look was the ignition module. Thankfully I'm pretty sure I found the problem. As you can see in the pictures, there were corroded components beyond reconditioning. I lightly scraped the worst one with a screwdriver and it completely fell apart. Could have been a few dollar repair with a soldering iron had I not broke it in the process of removing it from the casing (newb moments, they happen.) Any one got a spare? Sean?

Attachments

• IMG_20151216_143600311.jpg
    IMG_20151216_143600311.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20151216_143640916.jpg
    IMG_20151216_143640916.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 38
Mehhh........that'll buff right out.

Sean will fix you right up, I'm sure. Give him an email asking for your options for a quicker response. [email protected]

I've got a few bad boxes laying around here if you are able to repair them. I am currently out of the ignitech boxes and MIGHT have a good used OEM box. I can also sell a new DYNA box if so desired.

Sean

Would you mind giving me a crash course on it? I know it has different maps for ignition timing but that's about it. Is it plug n play?

Back