88 octane verses 93 octane fuel road test.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxout1200

Reaction score
I rode with gbrown in the black hills today. I had 88 octane fuel in my 09 and
George had 93 octane in his 09.

We made two roll on pulls on about a 4% uphill grade from 3000 rpms one in 4th gear and one in fith gear.

The bike with 88 octane pulled ahead both times. Rider weight is about equal.

This was done at approximately 4000 elevation and 65 temp.

We did a third run on leval surface at about 3000 elevation. This run was full throttle 1st through 3rd gear. Both bikes were side by side on this run.

Draw what ever conclusions you may from this somewhat unscientific test.

PS
I got a little over 30mpg with the 88 octane. (95 miles to reserve) I'm not sure what George got with the 93.

i only run 87 octane in my 89 as well as my 97. the motor was designed to run on the lower octane fuel. before the stage 7 kit was installed i was getting 100+ before the low fuel lite came on. have only ridden about 40 miles since installing the stage 7 last fall so when i install the new speedo i'll check the new milage. till the new speedo is on i wont ride it that much.

later odieoh24

You will find that most inteligent riders that understand fuel and engines will run the lowest octane before detanation in there engines to achieve the best performance.

Latest posts

Back