88 project (the movie)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done.....

Your mechanical skill is amazing:worthy:

really great stuff Jedi, nice video and music.
Bike is amazing, work done is even more amazing.

Have you some stats to share like the time you spent, and the cost of the full mod ?
Can be interesting for everybody.

Can ship you my bike for some mods ? lol haha

Have you some stats to share like the time you spent, and the cost of the full mod ?
Can be interesting for everybody.

Good question. I started at the end of April so it's taken about six months although I got involved with other stuff, it could have be done in a shorter time frame. Plus I had quite a bit of tooling to make , like swingarm jig, solidwork designs, working out wheel adaptors and spacers etc. Stuff that makes doing another one so much easier.
I never document money spent in detail on a bike mainly because it will just make me feel bad. I do all of the work which saves money but chrome and custom paint adds up. Front end and wheels were cheap being less than $1000.00 combined.
Small things like nuts and bolts soon add up also but provided funds are put aside each week eventually the target is reached.

That red piece of shit at the start only had 1 mirror though - what was up with that . .

Ahh, the dreaded mirror that flew off when we rode to Palmerston after collecting the bike and smacked me in the chest?.....it's probably the thing you hit when you fell off your bike recently:rofl_200:

Good question. I started at the end of April so it's taken about six months although I got involved with other stuff, it could have be done in a shorter time frame. Plus I had quite a bit of tooling to make , like swingarm jig, solidwork designs, working out wheel adaptors and spacers etc. Stuff that makes doing another one so much easier.
I never document money spent in detail on a bike mainly because it will just make me feel bad. I do all of the work which saves money but chrome and custom paint adds up. Front end and wheels were cheap being less than $1000.00 combined.
Small things like nuts and bolts soon add up also but provided funds are put aside each week eventually the target is reached.

Ahh, the dreaded mirror that flew off when we rode to Palmerston after collecting the bike and smacked me in the chest?.....it's probably the thing you hit when you fell off your bike recently:rofl_200:

Obviously the costs added up , but man does that bike look good tho , damn good . And now you get to ride it ... :clapping:

Im not even gonna comment on the 2nd , dont wish that on any one .

That is one awesome machine Steve,
When it`s a labor of love money shouldn`t be an obstacle.
You are a mechanical genious and the bike proves it.
I just wanted to paint my frame like that but, now that I`m working again, I just might go a little bit further.:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

You people with mechanical skills and creativity really piss off those of us that have none. Jesus.

I suspect that you could make a decent living (in a better economy) doing nothing but rehabbing and reselling Gen 1 VMaxes. Incredible work, man.

I don't have that mechanical talent (at least not that much), I really envy and respect those who can do those incredible things.
I guess that's why I'm enjoying that forum and reading about wonderful work like that :)

I'm just jealous of all those machines you have access to. I'd spend my whole life playing with those making things if I could..

Incredibly ?ber-cool build Steve, and I'm so in love with that blue paint! Also can't believe how cheaply you managed to do your wheels conversion for - I mean you could definitely make a lot of money doing just those!

Latest posts

Back