88 Stock Colors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell

Reaction score
I have a friend who is looking to buy a 88. Its about a 40 mile drive and he wants me to go take a look at it with him tomorrow. The seller says its in excellent condition all stock and charcoal in color. I've seen some old articles showing a cherry red color. But, does anyone know if they also produce a charcoal color in 88:ummm:

Also, is there anything in particular that we should be aware of to not look over, other than the obvious?

Thanks!

I have a friend who is looking to buy a 88. Its about a 40 mile drive and he wants me to go take a look at it with him tomorrow. The seller says its in excellent condition all stock and charcoal in color. I've seen some old articles showing a cherry red color. But, does anyone know if they also produce a charcoal color in 88:ummm:

Also, is there anything in particular that we should be aware of to not look over, other than the obvious?

Thanks!

Check the condition of the coolant and brake/clutch fluid, make sure it's not dark. This will give a good indication of how well he maintained it.

Check under the rear fendor for bits of rubber.....burnouts wear on a bike. :)

I would do a compression test, look at the plugs to make sure not melted, oil fouled, etc. Pull a carb slide or two and check those since they are pretty damn expensive. if the rubber is worn/cracked maybe you can talk him down 2-3 hundred $.

Thanks!

The scoops should be black on top and charcoal along the bottom.The side panels should also be red metallic with the lower half painted charcoal.This is how mine was before painting it.

Bought it privately. Matt Caber used to make 'em years ago.

I'd love to have one for those longer hauls!
If you hear of anyone making them, let me know!

Back