• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

89 Vmax project for sale in Michigan -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metralla66

Reaction score
I have an 89 Vmax for Sale in Waterford, Michigan. Royal star cases, Venture pistons, R1 front end, custom billet triple clamps, 21" front and 18" rear wheels. It still needs the brakes, cooling (wheel interferes with the stock radiator) and wiring sorted. $1500 obo

Attachments

• bikepics-1427532-full.jpg
    bikepics-1427532-full.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 101
  • bikepics-1427531-full.jpg
    bikepics-1427531-full.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 79
  • bikepics-1427535-full.jpg
    bikepics-1427535-full.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 79
Re: 89 Vmax project for sale in Michigan

nice looking setup

If interested I purchased a worley radiator that is thinner and may work with the front wheel.

Was it running when you got it? Also, how many miles?

So this seller is a Bultaco fan, w/a screen name like that. He probably won't be back-on since he sold it.

One of my friends from up NY-way (that's 'western NY') was a factory rider in Europe for Bultaco in the 1960's. He was one of many sons and daughters of a big family where Mom & Dad had a motorcycle dealership outside Rochester. They sold British and European bikes, and he later was a Kawasaki dealer in Rochester. He's probably forgotten more about bikes that I ever-knew. Listening to him tell stories about his exploits over the years is highly-entertaining. Their family business was a real old-fashioned shop, and they had a scrambles track in the acreage behind the shop. What better way to test your new Pursang than to fire it up and slam-into some berms, and get some air 'out-back?' It's where I was introduced to off-road riding, and fueled my interest in bikes in-general.

Senor FX Bulto was his guest in the USA on more-than one occasion, and they eventually bought the east coast Bultaco distributorship.

Here's a couple shots of a Bultaco Metralla owned by a friend of mine who's a Yamaha factory mechanic. He's built plenty of hot-rod VMaxes, and was on the job when it was released.

attachment.php
attachment.php

That VMax bike sounds like the start of a good project.

Attachments

• iphone pictures 6-26-2014 294.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 294.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 60
  • iphone pictures 6-26-2014 295.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 295.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 59

Ha, sounds like Sean scooped it!

That Bultaco in the pics has some differences from a stock Metralla. Anyone know what?

dang I wanted this

I was so close to pulling the trigger, but it was just a little bit past my skill level to finish it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back