89 vmax replaced with 07.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayterrence

Reaction score
1998 vmax replaced with 07.

Another VMax , my 1998 Silver and Black, met with a little old lady making an illegal left hand turn and looking the other way, and panicking and stepping on the gas instead of the brake, the result was me leaping off to save my foot and ended up with my bike landing on top of my legs. Thank god i had engine guards on, they saved my legs from being crushed. Like allot you guys out there, i spent every winter working on that bike, it was a thing of beauty and pride. It had over $7000.00 in damage, bent frame, wish I had pictures. One side looked like new the other...trashed! Tried to buy it back but they wanted too much:(
Out of sheer curiosity, I went online to look at how much it would cost me to buy another, I checked our local listings in the Okanagan area and low and behold, there was an 07 with 7000km on it sitting 10 minutes away. He was the first owner, bought the bike out of Burnaby, had every paper including the 1st oil change. He was asking $5900.00 for it and I got it for $5500.00, a very very good deal.
It is bone stock ...so here I go again starting all the mods I had done on the old one:) I'll be looking for some crash bars, lowering the bike so i was looking at the new progressive 440 11" ( cause I'm a short a*s ) drag bars, frame strengthening plates ect, ect ect. If anyone can point me in the right direction for some well priced parts that would be appreciated. Cheers!!

Last edited:
You are very lucky not getting hurt worse and should be a very Happy Camper with the new to you 07....

Jayterrence,
Sorry to hear about your 89 getting totalled, and glad you weren't hurt.
But Congrats on getting the 07... you got a great deal IMO. :clapping:
Glad everything worked out !

Its better to be complaining about losing a bike, then a leg or arm. Glad your ok. And congrats on the new bike.

Now gotta see pictures of the new bike or it didn't happen!

Todd

Congrats on yer new Vmax, Glad everything worked out for you.And you weren't hert.Those little old lady's are out to get us for sure. A good warning for all of us.:rockon00:

Glad your ok, now you need to get ahold of Sean,(one2dmax) Kyle, (Captainkyle) and Rick, (Twistedmax). Sean and Kyle for mods, chrome, etc. And Rick for a badass seat. Then you'll be back feeding the monkey. Nevers ends.

Ok, I hope i did this right......should be a couple shots of the new bike here....somewhere!!

Attachments

• IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 9
And here is the 98, 3 days before the accident. She was solid as a rock with 30,000km on her.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 9
Real shame about the '89 - she did look like a stunner for her age! But really really glad you didn't get hurt, and what a great deal on the '07! Not a bad thing in the end for a scare..

Latest posts

Back