895 mi on 2013 bike??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easily could be that mileage. I bought my 1989 V-Max in 2013...and it only had 2700 miles on it, from the original owner.

Last edited:
I picked up a '15 Vmax last summer with 57km (35 miles) on the clock. Had to ship it home, but I got a new bike for a used bike price.

Attachments

• 20210906_191442.jpg
    20210906_191442.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 22
I picked up a '15 Vmax last summer with 57km (35 miles) on the clock. Had to ship it home, but I got a new bike for a used bike price.
Holy cow. On a six year old bike? The story on mine was that the owner was out of his league. He took the VMAX back to the dealership. So yes it was used but only for the shortest amount of time. Yours is crazy.

You can barely ride home and only put on 35 miles never mind go six years. How bad was the fuel system after sitting?

The story about mine from the dealership where I purchased it was that the owner had won the lottery, came in and purchased a Vmax and FJR1300 at the same time, rode each of them home and never rode them again. Other interests caught his attention and the bikes sat high and dry until he returned them to the dealership to trade up to a boat. I was skeptical about how the condition of the fuel system and the cosmetics would be, but was pleasantly surprised to find everything had been properly cared for. I purchased it over the internet in Alberta and had it shipped to me in Ontario. Today's technology was my friend with this deal as I had a young salesman who contacted me on Whatsapp to walk me around the bike showing me every detail on my own computer screen. He initially sent me a video and followed up with a live walk around to clinch the deal. We went over everything including seeing the inside of the tank and hearing a start up. Honestly, aside from losing out on a warranty and starting off with 6 year old tires, I bought a new bike. Fluids had been replaced and a new battery installed prior to shipment. A year later and I still only have 2000km on the bike (my Venture TC sees the bulk of my riding), but it remains trouble free. It's my 3rd Gen 2 (a new 09 and a 16 came before it) and hopefully this time I'll be smart enough to hang onto it! I still want to try a Niken, but not willing to give up my Vmax for the experience.

The story about mine from the dealership where I purchased it was that the owner had won the lottery, came in and purchased a Vmax and FJR1300 at the same time, rode each of them home and never rode them again. Other interests caught his attention and the bikes sat high and dry until he returned them to the dealership to trade up to a boat. I was skeptical about how the condition of the fuel system and the cosmetics would be, but was pleasantly surprised to find everything had been properly cared for. I purchased it over the internet in Alberta and had it shipped to me in Ontario. Today's technology was my friend with this deal as I had a young salesman who contacted me on Whatsapp to walk me around the bike showing me every detail on my own computer screen. He initially sent me a video and followed up with a live walk around to clinch the deal. We went over everything including seeing the inside of the tank and hearing a start up. Honestly, aside from losing out on a warranty and starting off with 6 year old tires, I bought a new bike. Fluids had been replaced and a new battery installed prior to shipment. A year later and I still only have 2000km on the bike (my Venture TC sees the bulk of my riding), but it remains trouble free. It's my 3rd Gen 2 (a new 09 and a 16 came before it) and hopefully this time I'll be smart enough to hang onto it! I still want to try a Niken, but not willing to give up my Vmax for the experience.

Cool story. That is better than mine.

If I won the lottery, I would have gotten the FJR and put 25,000 miles on it before getting home. Seattle, LA, Key West, Boston and many sites in between.

I bought 15-years old Bandit 1200 with 7 miles. Original tires(manufacturing date was previous year from bike year) had hair on them.

Back