91 rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosgarage57

Reaction score
well, just got my 91 max, and it seems i need rotors. the rear is 6.6mm and front is 7.3. i believe service manual says 7.0mm minimum. should i go with stock, wave, or anything else? are they very difficult to change?

You should go with our Hayabusa conversion and get different (larger) rotors and far better braking anyway! I am sure some of our very satisfied customers will chime in on this.

Sean

You should go with our Hayabusa conversion and get different (larger) rotors and far better braking anyway! I am sure some of our very satisfied customers will chime in on this.

Sean
I'll be that satisfied customer of Sean's! He can hook you up with the complete setup. It will literally transform your early front brakes to modern day brake standards.

If you don't mind good used parts the hayabusa conversion doesn't have to cost a lot.

You can get aftermarket waves for that price. The adapters with bolts are $60. You can source 99-07 Hayabusa calipers on ebay or I can supply them (though I am not as cheap at $150 a pair as you can find).

Sean

So I'd be at $270 for all that, then that doesnt help with my rear though.

Thank you Mike for the help :) That really does help me to see what I need to do.

I do have new pads available (not sure what you found). My new galfer/ebc busa pads are $40 per set (x2). Rear can work as is or I have an adapter we sell ($45) that allows the larger rotor to be installed. A few customers have modified my adapter for the busa to have one used on the rear.

Sean

Back