93 fzr 600

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Bought a 1993 FZR 600 last night for a rat bike.Found it with 10k miles,a complete Airtech FZR-R1 conversion fiberglass body kit on it,Yosh exhaust and It needs carb work.Only runs with the choke on.Good Ohio title for $650.
I already have another 93 fzr 600 that I bought for the forks,wheels and brakes to go onto my wifes fazer.Radials now fit too.Before buying this one yesterday I bought another set of wheels,forks and brakes on ebay that just came yesterday.I was concidering trying to put the first one back together after finding a frame with a title.I then found this second one for sale in Youngstown.A frame with a title was going to cost $400-600 so this complete bike was cool as hell to find.
I also decided that I am putting FZR 600 forks,wheels,brakes and stretched swingarm onto my 1972 kawasaki H2 frame after stiffening it.
I actually started likeing these little bikes after watching ebay for all these parts.This one that I just bought will be used for stupid riding shit instead of taking our better bikes all the time,like to work and such.Pretty cool too instead of getting a moped or 250 ninja.

Attachments

• fzrr1side.jpg
    fzrr1side.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 42
  • fzrr1front.jpg
    fzrr1front.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 16
  • fzrr1back.jpg
    fzrr1back.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 18
Those pics are from Airtech's website.The body kit is $749.The bike that i bought has white wheels and the body is still white gell coat.As soon as I get it together after fixing the carbs I'll post pics.Shouldn't take too long!

I have my old vmax taillight if you want, I'm sure that it has to be bigger!:confused2:

:biglaugh:

Thanks Man! Take another look at the pics in the first post.Chris and I were just kidding.It has a huge brake light on that bike.

You were kidding? I had my old vmax tailight in my backpack, helmet strapped on and was headed out the door to bring it to you too. I 'm glad I checked here before I left! Whew! Imagine my surprise when I pulled into your yard and you told me you were just kidding. I mean, yah, it would have been good to meet you and all, a nice ride for sure, but just to drive all that way and you not need the taillight! :confused2:

OK Ok I'm just kidding...I knew you were kidding too!:rofl_200:

You might as well just go ahead and ride down.I'll be tearing into the fzr carbs in about 1/2 an hour. LOL!

Just a bad fuel pump! LOL!

I got the fuel pump going by blowing air into it.Might have had dead spots from sitting where the brushes were sitting.Went through the carbs real good.

Some how the idle mixture screws were in the whole way? I had to drill out the factory brass plugs? Wonder why it wouldn't idle??? Dah!Some one also tried to shim the needles with 1/4-20 washers. Dah!!!!!!!!!

It fired right up,synced it.Runs real sweet now.So far I only had to buy a battery,oil and filter.Plugs were new already.The body should be back on in a few days. Then some pics.

Latest posts

Back