93 vmax bogs when you rev it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corvax

Reaction score
Hi I got a 93 v-max it was running great then it started missing and bogging when you try to take off from a stop. I thought it was the carbs being dirty so I shot gunned them and it was the same. while messing around with it my fuel pump died and I fixed it, but no change.. anyone got any thoughts as to what I can try.

Did you check or change the fuel filter after fixing the fuel pump?
I had missing at idle and around 4K RPM that I thought was carb related, but it was coil/ignition related. Went with COPs and it cured it. Best mod/fix that I've done to the bike.

I didn't change the filter. i will do that and see what happens. thank you!

Last year I had a bad clog that I couldn't get out with a normal shotgun. After 2 unsuccessful shotguns, I did another one, but removed PAJ#2, so that way you can get a full blast of air. Worked the first time.

i never thought to do that. If the new filter gives no results i will try that. thank you

Zeus i put a new filter on and it seems to have done the trick.. thank you so much. such a simple thing that i over looked.

Back