'94 in Mass.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks Dan. I would've taken a ride to check it out too. Looks pretty tight in the pics plus I always wanted me a "yeller" max :biglaugh:

I'll swap you yellow tins for your red ones, DrN2o...
The tank cover has one tiny chip in the paint, but they're in great shape other than that. Even has a stock tail light still in the rear fender. I don't have side covers that match, though. email me if you're interested davesax36 AT yahoo

That sucks Dan. I would've taken a ride to check it out too. Looks pretty tight in the pics plus I always wanted me a "yeller" max :biglaugh:

Well....that was problematic also....no plate to put on it, and a narrow 50' driveway to check out 2nd gear....."there's enough room to get it into 2nd there" the guy says....un huh.

i wish i had known you were close danny, could had lunch, i work in the next town over!

Oh I could have gotten it into 2nd..... the guy might not have liked the 4200 rpm launch with the wheel in the air......

Doesn't look too bad for $1725 ( what the bid is at now ) for it?

What else wasn't up to snuff on it ?

Todd

I'll swap you yellow tins for your red ones, DrN2o...
The tank cover has one tiny chip in the paint, but they're in great shape other than that. Even has a stock tail light still in the rear fender. I don't have side covers that match, though. email me if you're interested davesax36 AT yahoo
Thanks for the offer sir. I was thinking more like having a yellow one next to my red one :biglaugh:

i wish i had known you were close danny, could had lunch, i work in the next town over!

Jeez, didn't know you were that close Garrett....would have liked to see you, if even for a HI!

Oh I could have gotten it into 2nd..... the guy might not have liked the 4200 rpm launch with the wheel in the air......

Doesn't look too bad for $1725 ( what the bid is at now ) for it?

What else wasn't up to snuff on it ?

Todd

The salt and oxidation was the main issue, it seemed to run well...but the big deal was the guy changed the price on me...the day prior to going to see it I told him I would give him $2K, his response was..."I'll keep it for that."

Fine by me, that's all I was willing to pay so I forgot about it. Then about 7 hrs. later he emails me "come look at it, bring cash"....figured he changed his mind on the price so I contacted him and made arrangements to meet the next day.

So after looking it over I ask him what his best price is, he says "$3200....I wrote you saying don't bother coming if you din't bring that much with you"

Needless to say I was mildly pissed off....but not much could be done about it so back west I go.

Don't get too excited about the $1700 bid, he said he was going to shill bid it to at least $3K....and it isn't worth that IMO, not once all that salt gets done working.

I didn't see a weed line but possibly a hurricane bike.....:confused2:

Salt eh? Was the guy getting ready to eat it? JK LOL

I certainly hope so! :biglaugh:

Yea, what a waste of time! Has happened to me a few times, but going after these used bikes is just like the lottery, can't win if you don't play! Shill bidding his own auction? He actually admitted to that? That in itself would have been enough for me to realize what kind of a$$hole you were dealing with, but that kinda stuff happens on eBay all day EVERY day. That's why I hate it so much!!!!!

And now the guy writes telling me NOT to bid on the bike.

I write back telling him I never thought of it till he mentioned it....now maybe I'll give it some thought! :biglaugh:

I get this big long message saying he feels threatened, not to contact him anymore, that the messages cross state lines making it a federal offense, and on & on......:jerk it:

ME...THREATENING? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Yea, what a waste of time! Has happened to me a few times, but going after these used bikes is just like the lottery, can't win if you don't play! Shill bidding his own auction? He actually admitted to that? That in itself would have been enough for me to realize what kind of a$$hole you were dealing with, but that kinda stuff happens on eBay all day EVERY day. That's why I hate it so much!!!!!

Oh for sure John....can't hit a home run every time....just hate being fucked with like that!

And now the guy writes telling me NOT to bid on the bike.

I write back telling him I never thought of it till he mentioned it....now maybe I'll give it some thought! :biglaugh:

I get this big long message saying he feels threatened, not to contact him anymore, that the messages cross state lines making it a federal offense, and on & on......:jerk it:

ME...THREATENING? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

What a F'n :looser:

Hey...lol...can I help?? I managed to get back one of Seans shim kits from Louisiana.

:hammer bash:

Thanks for the offer Eric but the guy says he's already 'feeling threatened'....don't want to be mean...ya know? :biglaugh:

Congrats on the shim kit recovery....that's been a problem for a while now. :clapping:

Back