94 with 3rd gear issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost hate to ask this as I can see myself eating ramen noodles for the next 6 months....BUT, how much would a swap for a 1300 motor w/ transmission undercut & overdrive installed run me?
I would think those ramen noodles would've been worth it if I can scare my brother on his FZ1 a little next spring!:rofl_200:

damnit u had to ask didn't u! now i'm curious about the price, but can in no way afford it right now. luckily.

I'm pretty sure I cannot afford it either ....:confused2:
But then again, maybe I can come up with some creative accounting when refinancing my house and building a garage.

shoot me an email and i'll send you the sample sheet. Lots of options can drive the price up for sure but it all depends on what you want to do.

Mark will be tuning one of the 1300's in very soon and we'll let him give us some feedback on that engine.

Sean

I found out that when I was chasing a oil leak I probably caused the jumping out of gear problem by remounting the shift lever too high. I repositioned the lever and it hasn't occurred again! I will probably upgrade the segment this winter just to resolve any future issues.
Thanks for the sample sheet Sean! I'll be reviisiting that sample sheet at some point I'm sure!

ladies & gents. thought I ask here than start a new thread (new member)

got 2007 1st gen vmax and runs beautiful (22K miles) recently noticed under heavy load I can't find 3rd gear!? just goes into neutral and have lay off the gas to get it again. is this a small or Big problem?

thank you

ladies & gents. thought I ask here than start a new thread (new member)

got 2007 1st gen vmax and runs beautiful (22K miles) recently noticed under heavy load I can't find 3rd gear!? just goes into neutral and have lay off the gas to get it again. is this a small or Big problem?

thank you

I'd take a look at the star for the shift drum 1st, see if the function and parts are OK, after that, it sounds like case-splitting may-be in-order. The engagement dogs and the holes they go-into may-be worn and in-need of replacement. A good time for undercutting the tranny.

Third gear issues is unusual, second gear is more-likely to give problems.

Back