95hp vs 145 hp camshafts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am doing some research and i am really confused cause i cannot find a clear answer.
does the restrictricted engine have different camshafts with the open model and diffrent timing or it is a myth. Does anyone have any info ?

I thought some VMaxes like the domestic Joapan models didn't have VBoost, and some have a limiting of movement CV diaphragm assembly. I've never heard of different cam grinds.

Last edited:
The cams aren't enough difference to be an issue. The main issue for most is the lack of Vboost and the over-rating of the numbers. There are a few additional restrictions some countries like Japan has that requires additional carb and electrical changes to get the power back.

i am doing some research and i am really confused cause i cannot find a clear answer.
does the restrictricted engine have different camshafts with the open model and diffrent timing or it is a myth. Does anyone have any info ?

Can't you compare part numbers for the cams on a UK website vs a US website?

The cams aren't enough difference to be an issue. The main issue for most is the lack of Vboost and the over-rating of the numbers. There are a few additional restrictions some countries like Japan has that requires additional carb and electrical changes to get the power back.
the reason i am asking is cause the engine i have was a restricted one, i have fcr's on my bike son no restriction on the carbs, i also have the super exhaust i bought from you, but i thought that the friend that sold it to me had the cams of the open model, after a chat he told me that the cams are from the closed one. the engine works pretty good, the only think troubles me is the fuel mileage. one tank not in hyperspeed reaches only 100 km !!! and was thinking if i dump fuel cause of the cams or the timing if there is a different timing on the restricted model, everything else cdi , harness is from the open model except from the cams, carbs are fully alinged and all jets are the numbers pcw says that they should be on a stock engine

Latest posts

Back