• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale '97 V-Max 1200 with Corbin aftermarket seat for sale Portland, OR

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaeTranch

Reaction score
My late husband was a V-Max enthusiast. He passed away very suddenly last September and I am trying to find someone who is interested in buying his 97 V-Max. I would like the bike to go to another person who will love it the way he did, so I figured this was the best place to start. Here are a couple of photos. I can share what information I have regarding the bikes condition , modifications or upgrades, and additional items that will come with it. Please message me if this sounds like something you might be interested in.
Thank you, Raphiel (Rae)

PXL_20210902_161333573.jpgPXL_20210902_161346259.jpgPXL_20210902_161305126.jpgPXL_20210902_161319794.jpgPXL_20210902_161333573.jpgPXL_20210902_161346259.jpgPXL_20210902_161305126.jpgPXL_20210902_161319794.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On Cycle Trader you'll find plenty of bikes along this story line: "My soldier husband died and left me this beautiful cycle, please take it off my hands for next to nothing. Just send the cash here and my driver will drop it off".

People are always right to be suspicious of 'too-good to be true' sales pitches, however, I believe the widow's husband was a member on here. Caveat emptor is always a wise consideration. Anyone local to her who may be interested in the bike, she's not asking top-dollar, and she is looking for her husband's riding friends to help her to have the bike operational for whoever may be interested in it. There is additional equipment which will go with the bike. If you're in the Portland OR area and are interested, someone could take a look at it and either buy it, or report on the bike. I have contact with the widow and am waiting for additional info.

@ Redrum and Tom - It's right to be carefull but that usually entails using some common sense (i.e. don't send anyone cash, don't give them sensitive info). I didn't say the bike would be delivered ( in fact I will not be shipping it anywhere, so local interest only as Fire-medic said), nor did I even list a price. In the future, incase the situation is legit, you might consider a more private way to warn someone so you don't come across as insensitive to the person who actually lost their husband. Practice rigorous empathy.

Pretty-sure the Gen 1 listed is a 1200cc engine and is not a 1700. So, the title should reflect that. The 2009-2020 bikes are 1700cc.

OK thanks for the report. There are some good pieces of kit going with the bike. Helmets, literature/manuals, a carb synch tool, and more. Contact the seller if anyone is interested. Her report, they owned multiple VMaxes along the point to now.

Back