• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

'97 w/28k for, wait for it...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"signed permission from DMV to sell this bike...?" Guessing the -ex girlfriend has the bike in her name. Whoever buys this bike is in-trouble unless they file for a mechanic's lien for storage, and obtain a title that way. If the g.f. discovers the -ex boyfriend doesn't have the bike anymore, she can file a police report, "stolen," and if you haven't filed a mechanic's lien before that, you're gonna be in a lot-more trouble than a non-runner Gen. 1 VMax is worth.

I know what to name this bike, choose one:
  • Menstrual Cycle
  • Drama Queen
The asking price is five times more-than a prudent buyer would give him for it, with no title, risking being arrested once the -ex g.f. files a stolen bike report.

What's that odometer read? I'd take that motor and put it in my 89 and keep the carbs for spares. The rest, part out cheap.
You are a man more-brave than I.

" Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose " The woman from-whom I heard this drove this automobile, which she commissioned to be so-adorned.

1638187435438.png

Last edited:
What's that odometer read? I'd take that motor and put it in my 89 and keep the carbs for spares. The rest, part out cheap.
Looks to be 28,255. I'd snag this in a hot second if I had the time and space for another project. NC DMV is easy to work with.

Cheap Thrills is the only album I know-of, approved by the Hell's Angels and proudly announced as such on the album jacket.

Janis Joplin Cheap Thrills.png

Still have my original copy of Cheap Thrills purchased back in the day. (Unfortunately beat to hell and back). I'm not going to lie, it was the "I need a man to love" cut that sold me on it... Not to mention the image on the album cover. Summertime ain't half bad either. Without question, Janis's finest work and of course BB & The Holding Company was perfect band for her.

I bit ! I asked him if he would have any objections to the local police coming by and confirming it was not stolen . He said no problem. He did have a signed affidavit and the sherrif said it was good to go. I did not give him asking price but it is home. It looks to be decently clean. I guess I will clean the carbs and see what I have running wise.

I bit ! I asked him if he would have any objections to the local police coming by and confirming it was not stolen . He said no problem. He did have a signed affidavit and the sherrif said it was good to go. I did not give him asking price but it is home. It looks to be decently clean. I guess I will clean the carbs and see what I have running wise.
You son of a gun! I wondered if you were going to check it out.

You son of a gun! I wondered if you were going to check it out.
I was a little leary but he did not have a problem with the police & The police said it was good. I keep saying I am gonna quit buying them. LOL I have another one on the way Saturday & thinking about another one some one please make me quit.LOL

Last edited:
Wish I had the space for an addiction like yours.
I was curious about the splotchy finish on the lid and fenders. Some sort of custom paint job? The pics weren't clear enough to make out what was going on there.
That'd be awesome if it fires up after a good cleaning LOL

I don't have enough room my poor Luv truck is kicked out again . I never keep anything except my 1985 . The body set has been hydro dipped it actually looks pretty cool but unfortunately the front fender has a crack in it

Lol. So here while we were all reminiscing and thinking and talking about Janis Joplin, Kyle's on his way to Boones creek. I am not surprised and I am happy for you buddy. Hope it turns out to be a gem. A quick flip is a lot easier than a part out.

Last edited:
Lol. So here while we were all reminiscing and thinking and talking about Janis Joplin, Kyle's on his way to Boones creek. I am not surprised and I am happy for you buddy. Hope it turns out to be a gem. A quick flip is a lot easier than a part out.
Unfortunately it will still be a part out . I am sure with the papers I could get an actual title but I am lazy and hate messing with the government bureaucracy.

Drained the gas out today even though it did not smell terrible. I was gonna drain carbs but they were empty. I dumped some fresh gas in and threw a battery in it and it fired right up and purrs like a kitten. I bled the clutch and took a short blast to check 2nd gear and it is all good !

Do the damn bureaucratic paperwork and flip it. Unless you are a masochist and like doing extra work. I am too lazy to part bikes out anymore. Too much time and effort and you end up with all kinds of left over bits.

Either way, sounds like the road trip was time well spent. You scored for sure.

Latest posts

Back