98 VMAX carb question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
Just picked up a 98 model that's been DynoJett'd, 155's according to the documentation I was given, including a dyno run where it pulled 110 hp and 77 lbs of torque. It looks like there are stock needles in the kit too, so assumed they've been added too, bike has Slip-on Trapps with 14 discs per side. It's been off the road a few years, I got it running without alot of effort, bike pulls HARD and ruts good at WOT, but won't idle for crap. Going to give it a pea shooter tomorrow and see if I can clear it up, if you turn the idle up far enough to where it won't stall, when you ride it, the RPMS stay WAY UP between shifts. Clogged idle circuit? I've got a rebuild kit to install if I need to go all the way through them, just wondered what jets actually controlled the idle, I'll clean those up first, if I can get to them via the pea shooter.

FIXED! The shotgun did the trick, running like it should, WOT is great, idles perfectly! Pulls like a freight train, just like a VMAX should. Nice when the easy stuff works first!!!! :eusa_dance:

Glad this was an easy fix, didn't really feel like pulling the carbs. I'm gonna hold onto this one for a while, she's a beauty, one of the cleanest I've come across!

Back