99 Carbon with Kerker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irregardless of the carb stage, likely was a partial stage 7 actual, you see the dyno sheet without it and back to basically stock.:ummm: I do disregard what the PO told me. I have been into the lower end to see what was done for myself but not the upper end.

Nice. Looks like close to 10lbs of torque and 10hp in the midrange compared to the lower line.

Do you think the slight hesitation or surge was needle or screws?

Needle. When tuning mine it was the needle in that area every time I got that hesitation. But...I think you already know that every Vmax is a bit different!
Thanks for your hard work on this. I'm taking my mains down from 155 with some confidence now. (Morley air box, stage 7 needles, HMF exhaust) I felt that it was a tad rich. :biglaugh:

Dale

It was the Air-Fuel screws. I lowered the needle back to 2.5 and all was well. I ended up with the Air-Fuel screws at 3.5 turns out. I rode it like this for about 100 miles and it was as smooth as stock. I think this project is over and time to move on to the next!

I'm surprised....good info. Glad you got her all sorted. :punk:

Back