A bad day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
https://v.redd.it/9iuyrntkcev71/DASH_480.mp4?source=fallback
Looks like a tire/wheel from oncoming traffic. Nearly impossible to avoid that. A very unlucky rider. I wonder if he survived? Looks like he lost his helmet. An object as-heavy as a wheel/tire hitting someone in the head, I'd expect they had a fatal spine injury.

Last edited:
My first thought was India....but then as you said...he lost his helmet. Indians dont wear helmets. Has to be somewhere in the EU given the license plates. I would like to know more about the video. Even if he survived the initial tire hit....his head slammed the asphalt on the bounce as he was sliding. If he did survive....he is messed up for life.

And of course, I typed this before looking up the story. Happened in 2015 in Brazil.

This the horrific moment a motorcyclist is killed when a runaway car tyre flies through the air and hits him in the head.

A biker travelling behind the victim filmed the horrific scenes from a camera on his crash helmet.

The terrible accident happened on a busy dual-carriageway on the outskirts of Brasilia, the capital of Brazil.

The biker’s body was flung onto a grassy hard shoulder while his motorcycle crashed to the ground several hundred metres up the road.

A motorcyclist was killed in Brazil after being hit in the head by a tyre that flew off a car travelling in the opposite direction
View gallery

Police have seized the Volkswagon Golf the tyre flew off and say the driver could be charged with manslaughter if an investigation points to negligence.

Jorge Ademir, who filmed the sickening incident including the aftermath of the collision when he raced to the victim’s aid, said: “He didn’t have time to react to react. It all happened so fast.

“He was already on the ground when I realised he had been hit by something.

“I didn’t fully understand what had really happened until I looked at the images.”

Paramedics tried to save the biker but he died within an hour of being hit.
The 42-year-old victim has not been named.

Mr Ademir said: “Motorists were arguing with members of the emergency services because they were trying to get through the area where the air ambulance was going to land.

“It was a surreal situation seeing them having to deal with that while they were trying to save the biker.”

Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A while back I was driving home for Christmas on the motorway. (note driving not riding)a few years back.

I was the middle lane of a 3 lane motorway when about about one car in front in the left land was a carlsberg lorry. It slowly starts drifting to the right across the lanes so soon s the right hand lane and then leaning over the central barrier at which point aluminium kegs of beer start bouncing out of it. I was already falling back and stopped to get out and help.

Walking through barrels lying on the ground being showered by lager, on the opposite side was a porsche 911 with a barrel in the centre of the windscreen. The occupants were saved by the windscreen. Amazingly noobe was injured. Lorry driver had no Idea what caused it.

The opposite of that from the same country, assuming it's Brazil, was the Go-Pro motorcycle rider who was being held-up/bike-jacked by two felons on another motorcycle in city traffic. The passenger at a stoplight turned-around and pointed an automatic pistol at the bike-jacking victim. The camera showed it was a b-i-g barrel sticking out of the slide. Only thing to do at that point is to surrender your motorcycle and hope the felon doesn't shoot you, 'because he can.'

A cop in plainclothes & armed across the intersection saw it happen, and he shot-dead the robber, in the intersection. A bad day for the robber, a good day for the robbery victim, in the end.

https://v.redd.it/9iuyrntkcev71/DASH_480.mp4?source=fallback
Looks like a tire/wheel from oncoming traffic. Nearly impossible to avoid that. A very unlucky rider. I wonder if he survived? Looks like he lost his helmet. An object as-heavy as a wheel/tire hitting someone in the head, I'd expect they had a fatal spine injury.
Double speed 70 + 70 MPH=140 MPH. He is dead. If lug nuts are lost, wheel wouldn't fly, it would roll.
About 20 years ago I was driving and saw a rolling wheel next to my car. I thought: "Some idiot lost a wheel". Guess who was that idiot?
I bought Nissan Sentra from auction, loaded car on my tow dolly and it lost rear wheel. I found the wheel but couldn't find brake drum.

Last edited:
it doesn't work that way. A car hitting a brick wall at 70 will experience the same deceleration as if it hit a car weighing approximately the same, doing 70, head on. It balances out and the car you hit head on doing 70 is the same as hitting an immovable wall except the crumple zone of the oncoming car would probably absorb some of the energy. So better to hit another car doing 70 head on than hit an immovable wall.

it doesn't work that way. A car hitting a brick wall at 70 will experience the same deceleration as if it hit a car weighing approximately the same, doing 70, head on. It balances out and the car you hit head on doing 70 is the same as hitting an immovable wall except the crumple zone of the oncoming car would probably absorb some of the energy. So better to hit another car doing 70 head on than hit an immovable wall.
let us agree that wheel, flying into head with speed of 140 mph is worse that at 70. BTW, object, moving 2 times faster has 4x more energy.

Its not the speed that kills you its the stop. But ya that wheel deadly and bad day sums it up pretty well.

Well we can depend on statistical protection...youre probably never gonna win the lottery and you are probably never going to encounter a flying wheel on a motorcycle. Odds are just too low.

Latest posts

Back