A challenge!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylander

Reaction score
To all you'se out there who are far better at making your own mods then I.

A mate of mine down here is trying to sell his VMax cause he likes to ride quik when carrying a pillion. (passenger)

Hard thing to do on a Vmax without a sissybar but he hates the look of them when only one person is on the bike and doesn't want to keep mounting and removing one.

I rememberd a while back one of the bike shops down here had a Honda Rune in stock that had a sissy bar that folded down over the bitch seat when ever it wasn't in use.

Link to the seat here, apparently it's made by Corbin.

Now the challenge is this: if anyone can make one of these for the Vmax that looks better than that one when folder down cause lets face it, the thing doesn't really flow with the bike.

Now I have an idea of how it can work but does require quite a bit of moddification to be done to the rear seat. First off, lowering the seat down by removing the space for the tool area. Not really a needed thing on these bikes anyway since there isn't much you can do with the tool set provided by Yamaha.

Then maybe useing one of the rear seat cowls that are around somewhere on the net as they have the same shape and look as the stock back seat. Lining that with padding thick enough so that when folded down the padding on this and the padding on the seat equall the originall rear seat hight.

ONly thing left is some kind of hinge that is rigid enough not to open or close by itself and stops opening when at a 90 degree angle.

OK, who wants to try it? And I'll tell you know, if you pull it off, even if he sells his bike before you're done, I'll buy it off you and I'm sure many others will too.

Hell do a good enough job and you can get a pattent and sell it to Exactrep or one of the tother Vmax customizing sites.

I have the www.ricepaddy.com sissybar.It comes off and on in less than 2 minutes.Uses the stock grabrail too.

Virago has a really cool replacement for the yamaha backrest that is an unpadded loop that looks really cool on also.Its shorter and has no pad,can be swapped in and out very easily,4 bolts.

shawn kloker said:
I have the www.ricepaddy.com sissybar.It comes off and on in less than 2 minutes.Uses the stock grabrail too.

Virago has a really cool replacement for the yamaha backrest that is an unpadded loop that looks really cool on also.Its shorter and has no pad,can be swapped in and out very easily,4 bolts.

Any pics???.....I can't find it on the link you gave...

Thanks
John

I know they exsist too but cant find the pic on there.
I, however, like the "scooped" look on the side of the sissy bar rails.
Wish I could do a removable backrest with the same sissybar scooped look.
Randy

Max01red said:
Any pics???.....I can't find it on the link you gave...

Thanks
John

I emailed them today and before about this.They do have them.Its probably best to call them.I bought mine off of ebay years ago.It was the first thing I ever bought on there.

Their website doesn't show any of the stuff they have for sale(sucks shit).

Ricepaddy ran into some kind of trouble with eBay when they gave a or (?) customer a raw deal and wouldn't make it good. Read somewhere that they are rated as "not recommended". Don't know why they would go underground and not show their wares? They had some unusual stuff. Bought my stainless plated rad grill from them with no problems.

265 USD. Man, nothing is priced reasonable anymore.

It is nice, wish I could build one to look that good. I would like something that would take two seconds to take off, but them some bastard would probably rip it off.

Back