A Commemorative Post............?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I came to this site a little late. I say late because I relied on the VMOA Site for my answers for a long time. I didn't realize how tight a group existed here. It's been over a year now and I've made a lot of threads and posts. Some,,, people have paid attention too and others have been ignored. :ummm: Nature of a Forum.

The reason I've been as active as I've been is that I learned early that there are many great people here. Actually, I have more friends and fun here than what I have and do at ARFCOM, ar15.com. That may be considered a job, testing and evaluating weapons and doing write ups of the results. I've tried to keep track of all who have helped me here but the list has grown so enormous it's hard to comprehend.

This thread is to commemorate my reaching an average of 5 posts per day over the time I've been here. At this rate I'll catch up in numbers to what I have on ARFCOM before long. I've been there considerably longer. It's also to say Thank You to nearly everyone who is here for your assistance / help at one time or another. We see so many new members who hit and run. If they'd stay around, they would find as I have. There is much more here than just a Love for VMax Motorcycles. Possibilities for lifetime friendships abound.

I've tried to give back what I've gotten and help as many as I can here. I'm not always 100% right with the answers I give but I try hard. Some have gotten a laugh from my documented misadventures. Others probably wish I'd just Shut Up.. :rofl_200: But I'm here, For Better Or For Worse..

So, Thank All Of You For Putting Up With me... Atleast So Far...

Sincerely, Dave / SpecOps13

PS: BTW how many of you use the New Posts, Search Button at the Top Center to find the threads that are currently active????

I agree Dave, this is a great forum filled with helpful folks! I have a bittersweet relationship with the forum though. I enjoy reading all the posts and learning but at the same time, I hate it for all the ideas I get that make me spend all my money!!

As far as the new posts thing, that is pretty much all I use. I go up to the menu and hit "Todays Posts" and read thru everything that way. I am here often enough that I really don't miss anything that way. Sad but true.....

Absolutely...great post Dave! Reminds you of why we're really here and what we're getting back from our participation in this forum. I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy my association with everyone here.

Like Mike, about all I use are the 'New Posts' & 'Todays Posts' features...unless I'm going thru 'Who's on line' and see a thread I've never seen before.

Mike...the temptations are just character builders...you gotta get stronger buddy!! :rofl_200:

PS: BTW how many of you use the New Posts, Search Button at the Top Center to find the threads that are currently active???? __________________

I just used the Today's post tab :)

POST WHORE!!! lol

New Posts FTW... I use it for every forum I frequent. So much so, that I asked Buster to move it to the front on this forum. Before you had to hit a tab and pick it from a drop down menu.

Chris

New Posts for me for sure. I don't always post if someone else answered the issue. Plus, I don't want to look like it's my forum by answering everything (and don't have that much time anyway lol).

Sean

for sure the best forum out there, puts shame to the others, all because of the great gang hanging out here.

yup use the "new post" to keep up with the times :)

My reply is not directly to you Grumpy but it is about you! I too have enjoyed this site and tried to give as much as I've received. Many of those here I know only as an avatar until I showed up at Kyle's Tech day. I met SpecOps and was treated like an old friend as well as by everyone there. They were trying to remove air correctors at the time and I never did that before and was useless but AllisonTech and Dave figured it out. Dave let me work on his bike and I saw his willingness to help out wherever and however he could. I could tell he was character but aren't we all! I guess what I am getting around to is that Grumpy sings the praises of those who make this site so great but I would be remiss if I neglected to tell everyone that it is persons like Grumpy (Dave), that elevate the Vmax and this site to a place more valued and special than most other sites. His experiences and hijinx related to the Max is pure entertainment. Priceless, just priceless!

Great post Dave! I have made quite a few new friends here and gained much more knowledge about Vmax's and motorcycles in general. As I am approaching 5,000 posts in the four years that I have been here I chuckle to myself how little I knew about the Vmax! I am so proud of this forum everytime I go to another forum and see the lack of cohesiveness that we enjoy. We should all thank each other for contributing to the strenght of our forum.
VMaxForum: The V-BOOSTed Vmax forum!

Main thing that aggravates me is im so far from the action. No tech day, no vmax rides, no knife fights in the park...um...you know what I mean. Oh well, we'll get indoor water and electricity out here some day and others will follow out west. Till then I have this forum to keep me entertained.

Being new here I almost never use the new post button. I'm always reading thru old topics a little at a time. I can say that I wish I would have found this forum, if it was up, back when I had my last Vmax. There is plenty of good information and a great group here. From the new guy, I'd like to say thanks to all of you for being so helpful and friendly.

i ALL OF YOU NO HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS FORUM AND EVERYONE HERE , IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE ! . NO BULLSHIT ! .. MET MANY NEW FRIENDS , EVEN SOME IN PERSON ! " BROWNIE RUN " 4 IS STARTING IN A COUPLE OF DAY'S ! .. I CANT WAIT ! .. AND TO ALL OF YOU FLORIDIANS , I JUST GOT AN OFFER ON MY HOUSE AND IF I EXCEPT , THEY WANT TO CLOSE ON JULY 15TH. , SO GET READY BECAUSE I'LL BE DOWN THERE ON THE 16TH ! .. :biglaugh: . :punk:.:biglaugh: . :punk:. :biglaugh:

i ALL OF YOU NO HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS FORUM AND EVERYONE HERE , IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE ! . NO BULLSHIT ! .. MET MANY NEW FRIENDS , EVEN SOME IN PERSON ! " BROWNIE RUN " 4 IS STARTING IN A COUPLE OF DAY'S ! .. I CANT WAIT ! .. AND TO ALL OF YOU FLORIDIANS , I JUST GOT AN OFFER ON MY HOUSE AND IF I EXCEPT , THEY WANT TO CLOSE ON JULY 15TH. , SO GET READY BECAUSE I'LL BE DOWN THERE ON THE 16TH ! .. :punk:
Well get you ass down here & enjoy the Heat ! I fyou wind up any where near me I will buy your first beer.

Back