A/F adjustment questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB99Max

Reaction score
My 99 had a full two brothers (4-1) exhaust but I removed the slip on a put a single universal supertrapp with a open end. I kind of got screwed up when doing the peashooter.... Well interrupted I should say and messed up my settings. I was going to go back to stock settings #1- 2.5, #2- 2.75, #3- 1.75, #4- 2.75. What do you guys think about that? Should I start there or start with some richer settings because of my setup.
Thanks in advance

That was most likely set up by the factory with a CO meter and they're all even that way. I'd keep that ratio and work off of that, turning them in or out from those original settings. I recently connected an A/F meter to mine and they were not all the same.

Go to 2 1/2 out on each because of the new slip on- and keep the screwdriver for the a/f mixture on your person for a few days.
The carbs closest to your knees are eventually going to be opened out more turns.

Blaxmax...... When you say closest to your knees you are referring to the rears correct? When there is a popping noise on decel that means it's lean right?

Back