A few days thinking about lowering my Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
The last few days I have been looking into lowering my Vmax and after a lot of reading, research and help from Miles, Sean and Rusty. I have decided to not lower my Vmax.

The work involved in lowering the Vmax, the unknown problems that always come up when doing any project I have decided to not even consider lowering my Vmax. I really don't need it, it would have just given me a better footing on the ground rather than the 3/4 footing I now have, all the work to get maybe an inch didn't seem with it to me in my situation.

This would be the approximate gain after all the work involved to lower the Vmax.

lowering.jpg

Now I will note that to some it may very well be worth all the work involved to gain that extra inch or so. I respect anyone willing to put all that work into their Vmax to gain the amount of inches or inch they end up gaining. I just decided to not put that much work into my Vmax for the amount of gain. I really don't NEED it, it would have just given me another inch that I didn't really have to have. It all boils down to is it a NEED or WANT, for me it was a want and all the work wasn't worth it.

Is putting in the lowering link that involved? From what I've read about people that had it installed not too much was said about the process.
TBH I never looked for the technical nuts and bolts of the install since the three G2's that I've ridden were fine for me. As a side note, after riding the G2 jumping back onto my G1 it felt almost like a mini bike.

Yeah that was my exact thought when I first sat on this gen 2, it was so damn huge. I sold my 2007 in late 2009 or early 2010 so was without a bike for about 5.-6 years longest time I ever was without a bike since I bought my first one when I was 18 years old. This 2015 seemed like the Hulk when I first sat on one.. I'm not flat footed but not tippy toed.

My feet now are more like the right pic in this thread posting above. I was thinking if I can gain a inch or 2 I would be flat footed but it seems like a lot of work.

I buy some boots and have my shoe guy add 2 inche soles.....lol

It couldnt be hepled, one of the guys at work was was playing a disco channel on his radio for the last hour or so before we left, lol.

I believe it cost me about $400 to have the shop install the link, I'm 5'8" on a good day, and I live down a dirt driveway that's about 500' long and have to manuever my bike around the yard to get it into my Tuff Shed so after almost dropping my bike I went ahead and had it done...

Is putting in the lowering link that involved? From what I've read about people that had it installed not too much was said about the process.
TBH I never looked for the technical nuts and bolts of the install since the three G2's that I've ridden were fine for me. As a side note, after riding the G2 jumping back onto my G1 it felt almost like a mini bike.

I'm not really sure how hard of a job it is. I saw a picture of someone doing it and it looked like his Vmax was laying all over the floor. I thought that must have be a hard job, that is why I decided not to try it.

The degree of difficulty for any job depends on the "tools" you have to do the job. One of the tools is knowledge, another is experience. And then of course - the actual tools.

The degree of difficulty for any job depends on the "tools" you have to do the job. One of the tools is knowledge, another is experience. And then of course - the actual tools.

I have the tools, the time but since I do not have the knowledge and never done my own repairs besides the east stuff. so with all that I chose to not do the mod. I'd like 1 or 2 inches more so I could be completely flat footed but I don't need it so want lost to need. I may of wanted it but really don't need it.

Latest posts

Back