A great American laid to rest.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt354

Reaction score
In a couple of hours I'll be leaving to attend the funeral of my step father, Ken. Ken passed away a couple of days ago. He was 96 and lived a full life, spending the last decade with my mom. Ken was a marine that fought at Guadel Canal. He was injured by a mortar and carried a piece of shappnel back home in his body that couldn't be removed. Most of his unit were killed or wounded in that one attach. His old unit marched by us at one Fourth of July parade,and one of them saw his hat with the unit on it, and came out to acknowledge Ken. That was very cool.He was beaming. I'm proud to have known this freedom fighter that made such a sacrafice for us all. Ken liked every thing mechanical, being an engineer, and loved my Vmax. He always came out to check it out when I was there. I know he wanted to ride it. When he went to the Vetrens home 2 years ago, I found a club and loaded S&W snubby under the mattress. This marine was always ready to defend his home, and who has more of a right than those like he? Ken Andrews, a great American Patriot. Rest in Piece.

RIP Ken, thank you for your service, and all of the hardships that you endured in defense of this Country.

In a couple of hours I'll be leaving to attend the funeral of my step father, Ken. Ken passed away a couple of days ago. He was 96 and lived a full life, spending the last decade with my mom. Ken was a marine that fought at Guadel Canal. He was injured by a mortar and carried a piece of shappnel back home in his body that couldn't be removed. Most of his unit were killed or wounded in that one attach. His old unit marched by us at one Fourth of July parade,and one of them saw his hat with the unit on it, and came out to acknowledge Ken. That was very cool.He was beaming. I'm proud to have known this freedom fighter that made such a sacrafice for us all. Ken liked every thing mechanical, being an engineer, and loved my Vmax. He always came out to check it out when I was there. I know he wanted to ride it. When he went to the Vetrens home 2 years ago, I found a club and loaded S&W snubby under the mattress. This marine was always ready to defend his home, and who has more of a right than those like he? Ken Andrews, a great American Patriot. Rest in Piece.

Sorry for your loss, Steve. RIP Ken!

That's an amazing generation. Tough. Willing to sacrifice.
My salute to Ken, from a "soft" Air Force retiree.

My condolences to you and your family, he sounds like the kind of person who sets a good example and who leads by doing that. Semper fidelis.

Rest in peace Ken. I was in the navy too Dennis and I heard that alot from marines. I have the utmost respect for those like Ken and my grand father that served our country and where what I consider real American heros.

Latest posts

Back