A huge thank you to the forum and to Sean of Morley's Muscle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentinel357

Reaction score
I wanted to take an opportunity to thank all the helpful members of this forum. Last year my 99 V-Max would only run with the choke on, boy was I stressed even to the point of considering to sell it. Money is tight for everyone including my household. I did not want to put an additional financial strain on my family. However this bike was a gift from my wife back in 2001 and she knows how much it means to me. She told me that if it can be fixed we will find a way. So I began searching the forum and low and behold this is a common problem. First thing I did was attempt the shotgun but to make matters worse one of my idle mixture screws would not come out( also a common problem) I also used the carb cleaner method recommended here to determine if there are any vacuum leaks and yup there sure were. So far with the help of this forum I performed the shotgun, unsuccessfully, but without this forum I would not even know to try. I was able to determine that indeed there were vacuum leaks. So I broke it down to my wife and she said go for it. I contacted Sean at Morley's Muscle and set up a carb swap, but who is going to remove the carbs? O ya me. Once again the forum was there for me with a step by step, lots of pictures from members who are or have done the same thing. With the confidence given to me by the members here I was able to remove the carbs and intake manifold. So I sent the carbs to Sean and continued to work on the vacuun leak issues. I found that all my boots had huge slices under the clamps where I could not see. I also found slices in the carb sync tube covers. I replaced the boots and covers along with the vboost manifold o-rings and awaited the carbs from Sean. When the carbs came in I was a little reluctant to install them mostly because I was worried that it all would not go back together right after all the time and money put into it. Once again back to the forum I went to get the help I needed. I re-installed everything crossed my fingers and guess what happened? The angels sung and the thunder cracked. O wait that's the sound of my V-Max kicking over. It fired up right away. WOOOHOOO!!!. Based on this forum I picked up a Morgan Carbtune II and synced the carbs. I am happy to say that she is still running. I have owned this bike since 2001 and I feel like it runs like it did when I got it. Anyways sorry for the long post. I just wanted to make sure that everyone here knows what kind of positive impact you have on those who need it, and I sure needed it. Without this forum I am sure I would have sold my V-Max by now. So once again a heart felt thank you to all the members of this forum and thank you Sean for the beautiful re-built carbs and for your patience with my all my questions and concerns.

Thanks for the positive post and I'm glad your Max is running again! :punk: I agree, you will not find a more helpful collection of people than here. They are always there to help someone out. Now keep the jets of your bike clean by avoiding gas with ethanol in it. Or make sure you ride it a lot so the gas doesn't sit in the carbs for more than a few weeks.

Nice! Glad the thrill of the Vmax is at your disposal again! :punk:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sounds about right. Glad it all worked out. Some of the most generous guys anywhere are on here.

My browser at home and at work almost always has a tab open to the forums at all times. :) :punk:

Top notch people here for sure! Tons of knowledge and always willing to help.

Great news that your bike is healthy again! We have a great forum here, and the best way to show it is by hitting the donate button at the top of the page. Kick a few bucks to Buster and become a forum supporter to help offset the cost of keeping the site up and running!

Awesome work Sentinel357! Ive only owned my Vmax for about a year now and folks on here have helped me do a few things on my own that I would have never attempted to tackle. Hell, I joined here before I bought my bike and they helped me figure out what to check for before buying. I cant say thanks enough either.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

You are a better wrench than you gave yourself credit for. But, a member since 08 and only 18 posts?! Very disappointing. Don't forget you can also donate to keep this site alive and healthy!

I agree wholeheartedly !!!
The Guides and Members on this forum are invaluable when a problem pops up with your Vmax.

You are a better wrench than you gave yourself credit for. But, a member since 08 and only 18 posts?! Very disappointing. Don't forget you can also donate to keep this site alive and healthy!
You are right PATMAX when I do visit this site I don't reply much at all mostly because there is so much knowledge on here I feel I do not have much to offer technically or mechanically speaking, I forget that sometimes the greatest help that can be given is encouragement. This forum has encouraged me and the least I can do is pass that on. This experience has given me a huge confidence boost. I have had to perform work on my bike that others have not gone through yet whether they are new to V-Max ownership or do a better job in maitaning the bike than I did. Lesson 1 for me is neglect is a motorcycle killer. Lesson 2 Make the time to ride, it doesn't always have to be about the long rides on sunny weekends. Just make the time. For me its a form of freedom I don't get from anything else I do. Its good for my mind and soul.

Happy to hear that you're up and running. Sean has helped the majority of us greatly. He is truly the Guru of VMax in all respects and a number 1 person....

Sincerely,
Dave in Florida

Back