a life saved

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I dont know if this is appropriate for this room, but i would just like to share the importance of a helment. Without it i would not be making this post. I had a accident goin appx 60 mph lockd the front i slid appx 150ft during that time i flipped appx 10 times im told, im rashed up from the asphault pretty bad but im alive. i even walked away. the helment is destroyed police took it to use at the academy ill be receiving pics soon. PLEASE WEAR A HELMENT!! im 24 years old and my life could be over, but its not.

Congratulations! Your accident is unfortunate but you did get relatively lucky. Glad you're ok! Post up some pictures when you've got them!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

and also crashbars on the vmax were very effective, handle bars bent wen bike flipped but that is all besides a lil scratching

Just think if you had full leather or textile suit. And gloves and boots! Get a few cans of Solarcaine to get you through the first couple days of the rash.
Thanks for posting up. An automatic purple heart I guess.

I dont know if this is appropriate for this room, but i would just like to share the importance of a helment. Without it i would not be making this post. I had a accident goin appx 60 mph lockd the front i slid appx 150ft during that time i flipped appx 10 times im told, im rashed up from the asphault pretty bad but im alive. i even walked away. the helment is destroyed police took it to use at the academy ill be receiving pics soon. PLEASE WEAR A HELMENT!! im 24 years old and my life could be over, but its not.

So glad you're able to walk away from this Luke Belgard88. Unfortunatly, the State of Michigan recently lifted the 40 + yr old law requiring motorcyclists to wear helmets.... too bad. I know I'll ALWAYS wear mine on the VMax. Yours is one compelling story. Wish you a quick recovery and the very best !

Glad no major damage...can you enlighten us as to how the accident happened. Can always learn from others.

I've got a cracked helmet from years past myself. Wounds will heal!

Sean

Just think if you had full leather or textile suit. And gloves and boots! Get a few cans of Solarcaine to get you through the first couple days of the rash.
Thanks for posting up. An automatic purple heart I guess.
+1

So glad you're able to walk away from this Luke Belgard88. Unfortunatly, the State of Michigan recently lifted the 40 + yr old law requiring motorcyclists to wear helmets.... too bad. I know I'll ALWAYS wear mine on the VMax. Yours is one compelling story. Wish you a quick recovery and the very best !
I'm with you Jeff, I always wear my jacket, gloves, full face and good footwear. I have armored pants but I don't wear them often enough because their bulky. I think I'm going to order some Bohn armored pants that go under jeans. I'd much rather sweat than bleed.

Ive got a thick skull so im told but would never ride without a helmet. I always wear a snell approved full face. Besides ive been told i look better with it on lol. Glad to hear you are ok. Fix the max up and ride on.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

Glad youre ok.You flipped 10 times or so you were told.I had a crash last year.Scraped my helmet on top from front to back .Don't remember sliding on my head!Started out behind the bike'ended up 20 ft ahead of it.Just glad it wasn't any worse for you Take care.607 pounds of motorcycle flipping around you!! is not a good thing.purple heart?i agree.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're ok. I'm all for full protection. A helmet being very important. I broke down and bought a good helmet not that long ago.
I've seen plenty of reasons to wear full gear over the years. Not good memories.
Purple Heart for sure.
Steve

Good to hear you're ok Luke, they make new bikes daily, but we only get one chance sometimes. 30 years ago I had to lay down my 1100 Midnight Special when a young lady ran a stop sign in front of me. Concussion, dislocated knee, cuts, bruises and yes road rash. This was after several close calls with stupid-ass drivers. Subsequently, I took the insurance check and gave the bike to a dealer. It wasn't till this past Feb that I purchased my next road bike. Good luck gettin' yours back in shape!

Glad your ok. I just started wearing an armor jacket. I've had all croch rockets when I was younger. Always wore shorts and a t-shirt or tank top. Now I feel naked without my jacket.

+1 purple heart.

Speaking of helmets do you guys buy a new one every 5 years or what is the recommended lifespan?

Glad you're ok. There's no helmet law here in Toledo, Ohio and I always feel out of place riding with all my gear on and seeing maybe 1 out of 10 riders with a helmet on, let alone any other kind of gear. Just not worth it to me.

Started wearing a helmet religiously when my son was born and I'll always wear one. Glad to hear you're ok. +1 purple heart

sorry im behind on posting ended up with a infection of all things lol, beat the wreck to not scrub hard enough i guess!!

for the people that ask/want to know, unfortuantly i can only blame myself for the accident, i was coming off the interstate into a bigger town in my area i was going about 55 60 (speed limit was 50 i know i was speeding :/ ) light turned yellow i did the old "should i gun it or stop" thing in my head..well of course im on my vmax just go! well the guy at the intersection moved maybe half a foot (probably just let off the brake and reapplied) and it freaked me out (wich it shouldnt have) so at this point i say stop dnt run it...well front brake caught way before back brake, i dont remeber much besides seein the bars turned, rolling on my side (thinkin well shit this is a crappy way to die) then all of a sudden some guy was askin if i was ok and i realized i made it through the intersection, stood up realized what happend, and before i answerd the man trying to help i turned and seen the bike, it wasnt fear it wasnt sadness, i was furious i had just done that. needless to say it can happen to anyone and pleeaassseee dnt think its avoidable, wen i say it happend so fast by the time i was standing up again it couldnt have been long because my ipod was still on the same song.

if you take anything away from me or the others that post about gear just think about it, it may be diff than what you want but if i would have had pants and gloves and a jacket, i wouldnt have ruined $4000 of professional tattoos and deff wouldnt be sitting around not being able to barely walk. AND A HELMENT WILL ABSOLUTLY SAVE YOUR LIFE PERIOD!!!

thank you everyone for your kind words this is deff a lesson learned but im going to fix it and ride again! i will deff be 1000000 times more carefull now and hope that others would learn from my mstakes so nothing bad happens to anyone! i wish no wreck on no person and hope someone watches over everyone!

no pics yet :( they got to wait 30 days or sumthin like that before the helment is considered "destroyed" and unuseable, idk, and pics on my wounds were not worth sharing just alot of bruising and rash

Weve all made mistakes,And long as were here we are going too.Just glad youre ok.Not all cars stop,That;s probly what went through your head.Good luck take care.You got to take care of you!Like my wife said;You are the only you i got!!!!

Back