A little snow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's spitting snow outside right now. Maybe we'll get a couple of days next week ( suppose to be 60 on tues and wed). Once they sand and salt the roads I'm done til Daytona.

Ron

south central indiana reporting in. snow here also randomly throughout the day

I'm not giving up yet..............High of around 60 early next week here too...............

I agree Tom ... I'm not giving up yet !!! Putting my new Mark's pipes on this weekend, need next week to enjoy them before considering putting the Max up for hibernation. :biglaugh:

I agree Tom ... I'm not giving up yet !!! Putting my new Mark's pipes on this weekend, need next week to enjoy them before considering putting the Max up for hibernation. :biglaugh:
Ride on fellas! Jeff, post up some pics of your new exhaust after install.

I'm being funny, it was actually cool enough here last night for a light jacket. This signals the beginning of the best riding season here. A lot of people will be putting their boats up for the winter and getting their motorcycles out.

I really feel sad for all of you who won't be able to ride for 4 or 5 months.

Last edited:
My wife had a gf send her pics from a bit south of South Bend this morn. Looks like an inch stuck to the ground. Suppose to be in the mid 60's tomorrow afternoon in Mizzery. Gonna try to make a bike toy run for kids.
Went to a Hummer school in SB a few years ago in the winter. We woke up to eight inches of lake effect snow our last morning, on top of a couple on the ground. It was thick and wet. We were barely able to sneak out of town. Had a four wheel, six pack pick up.
I feel for you northern folks. I can't handle the cold and snow anymore. I grew up in the midst of no wheres Ks where it could get extreme at both ends of the seasons. I remember jumping off a barn and oil field tanks into 8-12 foot drifts. It'd take forever to crawl out. Made some good tunnels, too.

The weather guessers are predicting snow in the upper elevations here in Reno,Nv. for tomorrow. Have two bikes to put up for the winter.:snow:

i got my HHR stuck on the street once... MAIN STREET LOL

just bottomed out the car

You got me to bring back memories of an oilfield pickup I once had, matt. It was a '78 3/4 ton Scottsdale with auto lock 4 wheel drive and small block 400. I had Uniroyal deep lug bias tires. I got stuck in that thing three times, and I deserved it each time. I remember pulling a semi with a loaded box trailer down a foot deep, snow packed, side street with this truck. The driver was shocked. So was I. I also pulled a 4 wheel drive Jimmy that had a twisted off rear drive live out of a deep hole it dug, then through a quarter mile of deep snow and mud, to the main road. This was an all stock pick up.

You got me to bring back memories of an oilfield pickup I once had, matt. It was a '78 3/4 ton Scottsdale with auto lock 4 wheel drive and small block 400. I had Uniroyal deep lug bias tires. I got stuck in that thing three times, and I deserved it each time. I remember pulling a semi with a loaded box trailer down a foot deep, snow packed, side street with this truck. The driver was shocked. So was I. I also pulled a 4 wheel drive Jimmy that had a twisted off rear drive live out of a deep hole it dug, then through a quarter mile of deep snow and mud, to the main road. This was an all stock pick up.
A good driver can take a stock truck into and out of some surprising places. Even a posi rear ended truck with a smart driver can go places a 4x4 with a inexperienced driver would have trouble with.

Hahaha. That's sort of what my old man usest to say, red. His theory was that if you couldn't get in somewhere with a positrac, you didn't need to try.

They coated the roads here with the calcium carbonate crap last week. Stick a fork in 2010 riding season for me. I'm done till next year.

imagewxw.jpg

Man are we lucky here right now! Been out the last 2 days and did a run tonight with a buddy south of town, perfect weather for having fun, must have burned 1000mi off the rear tire today alone with the rolling 1-2 burnouts! What a monster!........................Looks good the next couple of days too..................Got to address an issue it developed on the way home tonight, anything over part throttle it stumbles and runs rough, cruises and idles fine, have not had any problems in the 2200 miles I have ridden it since August, I will pull the plugs and look at the fuel filter tomorrow......................Tom.

70 degrees here all week, indiana woot! rain snow thunder t shirt and shorts all in 24 hours

Back