A lot of different tire and rim combinations.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey old friend I know u haven't heard from me in a while I still have a bunch of left shoes to give away but I managed to keep my right leg ( well until my new wife finds a reason for me to lose it while I'm sleeping lol) but anyway hope everyone is doing well. I don't want to hi jack this thread but why don't you tell them about the benefits of frame bracing ? I know you know more about it than me ! I just know it made a big difference on mine. Glad to see ya still helping out the members 😎

Attachments

• 20190427_085027.jpg
    20190427_085027.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 0
Just as an FYI, the H rating is not going to be an issue if you go over that speed for short term intervals. The ratings are for 1 hour of sustained speed and loading. We've had several H rated tires taken over 200 mph on the dyno.

Have you ever run the bike at the strip, to see how much the 'sneaky pete' NOS helps?

I think Sean Morley and MaxMidnight have more to say on frame bracing than I do. Good to hear from you.

Those looking for the best handling mods can consider:
  • frame bracing
  • Delrin or metal engine mount inserts
  • fork cartridge emulators, RICOR, or yss wave washer inserts
  • Race Tech fork springs (more choices), or Progressive Suspension
  • better rear shocks, there are many brands
  • replacement wheels to allow radial tires (best option especially for higher speeds, my opinion)
  • fork brace
  • swingarm widening and bracing
  • track time, to hone your handling skills

Racing Motard on a Semi Pig [only compare to the present subject]

PIrelly MT70's 120 x17, Sorry dont remember the sidewall height, About 15cc more than a sport bike tire

A super motard tire that for a few years i have unlimited acess to Take off's

40 maybe 50, run a optimal pressure but the front drift was so controllable, the sides of the tires will wear out before the top..

sadly the incredible grip came at the expense of longevity, about one a Week..
I don't think the sidewalls will take the Vmax Extra weight, but I will love to try it, Learn to control drift on "Snake" Accelerations, but i will love to master sideways drift, I dont even know if is possible on normal roads or even parking lots, and the Gs's are about 500pounds dry

Bike rack BIKE 072.jpg

is anyone running a car tire in the back of there max? if so what size? i know you will die a fire death if you put a car tire on a bike but after a 100,000 miles on my wing i didnt die i could drag the pipes on the dragon any time and nearly 30,000 miles and they were run flats. mike

Back