A movie (bump) for your viewing pleasure ....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KosRider

Reaction score
While many of us wait for the weather to improve before we break out our V-Maxs for another riding season, there is a GREAT movie that you may or may not have seen that?s worth a view or repeat view IMHO. It?s titled ?The World?s Fastest Indian? and it stars Anthony Hopkins. Made in 2005, this 2 hr movie it?s about the life story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years modifying a 1920 Indian motorcycle -- a bike which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.

So what?s this got to do with our V-Maxs you say? :confused2: Well let me tell you?.

In Burt?s quest for speed / to find someplace where he could run his bike WOT (Wide Open Throttle) to see just how fast it would go, he had to deal with several of the same kind of issues many of us have had to address regarding our own Gen 1 V-Max bikes. Really ?. I?m not fooling ya!

For example?.
? A high speed wobble problem
? A starter / hot restart / battery issue ? because he was always having someone push him so he could pop the clutch to start the engine ! (maybe if Odyseey batteries were around back then ? who knows?)
? Loud exhaust sounds irritating the neighbors ?. (can?t quite tell if he?s running a Mark?s header or a Kerker system !)
? Offerings to the God of Speed and bike mods that would make our own VMF Mod Monkey proud !!!

So if cabin fever is getting to ya? and you need an excellent bike movie to lift your spirits and feed your need for motorcycle speed? check your movie provider to view / rent this enjoyable movie and you?ll see I?m right about the V-Max connection!! Enjoy ! :eusa_dance:

Great movie! Also, check out HIS story online. There's a site dedicated to it. Neat to read.

Chris

Definitely one of the all-time greats for motorcycle movies. Watched it off netflix a while ago, superb.

WOW..... i Just saw the movie. IT WAS AMAZING...

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I own this one myself.............Good call............A movie well worth watching.............And the online read is worth the time too...........

Latest posts

Back