A piece of Vmax History

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to take my picture today on a piece of Vmax history. I think this is the only Gen 1 Vmax to ever run over 200 mph. Rip Bill warner. It was nice hanging with his brother today he is a real stand up nice guy like Bill was.

Attachments

• 20160430_133616.jpg
    20160430_133616.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 128
The latest new motor is sitting in the crate next to it and supposed to be another pretty hot motor. He would sell it all but is pretty attached to it so the price is up there. He still has the Busa sitting in the trailer in New York. I did buy 6,000 dollars on other parts before i left. I might grab a few more small things but i about spent my limit today.

I wondered if that stuff you recently posted up was some of his left over stuff. Good to see it maybe getting back into circulation again. Would be great for him to build the bike again but he may not have the same passion for riding it that Bill had.

I wondered if that stuff you recently posted up was some of his left over stuff. Good to see it maybe getting back into circulation again. Would be great for him to build the bike again but he may not have the same passion for riding it that Bill had.

He cares nothing about going real fast. If he builds it back it will be a street legal rider . He would sell the bike and new motor and tons of parts he has to go with it but he quoted me 18,000. I did not get any of the specifics on the new motor but can get them if someone is interested. There is still a few max parts i did not by but not many. He does have about 10 sets of R1 or Busa forks but only 2 triple trees not max trees. Also he has tons of new sprockets for sport bikes and a few other things i am researching. Also a pretty wide chain drive swingarm there. I just ran out of cash today.

He cares nothing about going real fast. If he builds it back it will be a street legal rider . He would sell the bike and new motor and tons of parts he has to go with it but he quoted me 18,000. I did not get any of the specifics on the new motor but can get them if someone is interested. There is still a few max parts i did not by but not many. He does have about 10 sets of R1 or Busa forks but only 2 triple trees not max trees. Also he has tons of new sprockets for sport bikes and a few other things i am researching. Also a pretty wide chain drive swingarm there. I just ran out of cash today.

$18k is going to be a tough sell for sure though I am sure it would be a very fun ride. I'll have to keep you in mind as a contact for him should something come up and a customer want something extra special.

$18k is going to be a tough sell for sure though I am sure it would be a very fun ride. I'll have to keep you in mind as a contact for him should something come up and a customer want something extra special.

Yeah 18 K is way out there ! I think he is better off keeping it or selling parts & then I still don't think he would see 18 K . I am going to talk wit him a little more & try & give him a little more insight.

The motor by far is the highest value and even though it's "new" isn't going to sell for full price. I would suspect in the $7500 range for the engine is likely as much as he's going to get. If the bike was complete he would still struggle I think to get $12k though I am sure it would have had a LOT more then that in it.

We're getting started with a gen 2 build for a customer that had this one been an option 6 months ago we may have started down this path instead but even then we wouldn't give this much for it with it not being assembled.

Back