A visit to the Northeast

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm on a vacation to the Northeast, quite different weather from south Florida!

I'll post-up some pics, gotta get them off the phone.

While not a VMax, here's a neat J-model KZ1000.

The first bike is done by Steve Panarites who did all the bodywork in steel, including the gas tank mods to resemble a British design, w/its knee reliefs. The fenders, side covers, seat, and chain guard are all metal fabricated by him.

Steve is a former classmate of mine, he builds some beautiful creations and also does restorations, including Indy Champ racecars. Not long-ago he did an Indycar of Mario Andretti's. I'd previously posted about that.
https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/restoration-of-mario-andrettis-rookie-season-indy-race-car.44385/

On another location:
Some of you will recognize the shop here, it's VMax heaven.

Last edited:
Panarites KZ1000.01.jpeg Panarites KZ1000.04.jpeg Panarites KZ1000.02.jpeg Panarites KZ1000.03.jpeg

This is my friend who's won more dirt races than I can recall, he raced motocross in Europe in the 1960's, for Bultaco, probably one of the first Americans to do so. He and his four brothers all raced here in the USA as-well, and BSA used them in ads in bike magazines in the 1960's, "ride BSA's and win like the Robinson brothers!"

The metalwork on the bike is simply amazing.

Shots of "anything VMax you might-need, including chain-drive conversions." Thanks for the run of the shop, Larry. Yes, that's a '32 5-window coupe, and yes, it's running. A 'mouse' motor. Larry.01.jpeg Larry.02.jpeg Larry.03.jpeg Larry.04.jpeg

Last edited:
Other bikes worked-upon at the shop, KZ1000's. The black bike is bad!20191018_140139.jpg 20191018_140119.jpg

Back