A visit to the shop

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I went to my friend's shop to pick up my project my friend the machinist has been doing for me. It's gonna be a big aid to me in the shop (my garage workshop).

So here's some of what's being worked-upon there right now. A variety, that's for sure.

First is an '89 air/oil-cooled Slingshot-frame GSXR1100 fitted w/a VFR Honda single-sided swingarm, sporting a Yamaha shock, and a late model USD GSXR1000 front fork. Owned by the proprietor, this has been across the USA and into Mexico in a prior version, he's owned it for many years.

Second is a DOHC Honda 750 which is now a 1030 cc build, requiring the cyl heads to be o-ringed to prevent head gasket failure. There's not much material between the cylinders, but that's the way the customer wants it. It has an '04 CBR600 front end, and an aluminum Suzuki Slingshot GSXR swingarm.

Third is a Hyabusa w/NOS getting tuned to go to the strip Friday.

Fourth is an old-school Honda SOHC 750. Also much bigger than stock. 900+ cc. An earlier pic.

Fifth is the same engine back-together.

Sixth is a female customer's bike, a 250 twin Honda Rebel 'brat-bike.' It has a pretty-cool theme, it's got a 'Happy Days' vintage lunchbox sporting who else, but The Fonz, which holds the battery. The carb is moved to the left side of the bike, w/a 90* intake manifold, making room for a particular style of air cleaner the customer wanted. Sharp observers will also notice, there's a kick-starter on the bike, which the bikes didn't come stock with, they were 'electric-foot' only. My machinist milled a hole for the kickstarter from a Honda 185 twin, complete w/an oil seal and a bearing for the shaft of the kickstarter. The kickstarter ass'y was sourced from Germany. There are all-sorts of interesting details on the bike. The customer wanted a yellow LED headlight, but after trying to ride at night, she's surrendered to the fact that the yellow light just isn't sufficient. So, the bike's back to have a more-customary flamethrower mounted.

Seventh is my friend the machinist, astride that powerful 250 Rebel twin, cheerfully showing me he thinks I'm "#1!"

Eighth, an MV Agusta, top end off for a rebuild.

Ninth, MV Agusta back-together.

Attachments

• GSXR1100 frame-SSswingarm.01.jpg
    GSXR1100 frame-SSswingarm.01.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 39
  • DOHC Honda 1030.01.JPG
    DOHC Honda 1030.01.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Hyabusa NOS power adder.JPG
    Hyabusa NOS power adder.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 38
  • SOHC Honda 750 1000 cc.jpg
    SOHC Honda 750 1000 cc.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 38
  • SDOHC Honda 1030cc.JPG
    SDOHC Honda 1030cc.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Honda Rebel 250 brat bike.01.JPG
    Honda Rebel 250 brat bike.01.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Honda Rebel 250 brat bike.02.JPG
    Honda Rebel 250 brat bike.02.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 42
  • MVAgusta.01.jpg
    MVAgusta.01.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 30
  • MVAgusta.03.JPG
    MVAgusta.03.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 30
Cool man, thanks for sharing the pics. I like that brat bike, that's cool... lil town cruiser, fun.

Latest posts

Back