Abduction in Plain Sight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
There is a documentary on Netflix called Abduction in Plain Sight. Has anyone else watched it? I watched it this weekend and it was just crazy bonkers to me. Never heard of a story like that and that's saying something because there some crazy stories out there.

If you haven't seen it and want your jaw to hit to floor a few times, I recommend it. Dont watch any trailers or summations. They dont do the craziness of that story justice.

Just watched it. Talk about stranger than fiction. There is a special place in hell for fucks like that.

At the end of that documentary I walked away with a few thoughts:

1> Holy shit, what did I just watch!?

2> I can't help but think of the decades "B" roamed free after he lost interest in Jan. They talk about others coming forward claiming he molested them. I can't help but wonder how many lives he messed up that didn't report it. All of the people who knew what B was and just let him roam free. After TWO abductions of Jan, how was this guy not on every law enforcement's radar no matter where he went? I guess that's the difference of the 70s and 80s compared to today.

3> I can't feel any sympathy for the parents of Jan. They're given WAY TOO much leeway of the "really nice, but really naive" angle. And I feel there's a lot they aren't admitting/talking about. I mean the dad gave "B" a handy in the car and acts like he just ordered the wrong item off a menu. That it was a bad choice rather than an indicator of his sexual preferences. Here we are 28 years later and he's STILL in denial of his sexuality. I'm not judging him on his sexuality. But I find his denial of his own feelings still after all of these years to be a bit troubling. The parents also proved by signing that affidavit that got B out of jail for kidnapping their daughter that they care more about their reputation than the safety of their daughter. So I think there's A LOT more they both did with "B" that they aint fessin' up too.

4> B's brother. When we're first introduced to him he comes right out and says his brother is a pedophile. And it sort of comes off like he's angry about it. But then as they reveal more, it seems like the brother knew it and didn't do anything to stop it. So by the end of the documentary, I thought the brother was a huge asshole. Maybe I interpreted his moments wrong though.

Just watched it the other day with my wife and holy hell. That was a sick man. I'm thinking the first time he asked to sleep with her because his therapist said it would help would be the last time he was around my family. see ya bye bye. If i catch you around. Youre dead.

I know! The whole "Hey man, this is gonna be pretty shocking, but I was molested when I was 4... and my therapist says the best way for me to work through this is being alone with your kids. If you need to talk to my doctor, I can give you his number." Dad: "No thats ok, I trust you."

That was the point where I had to pause it and walk around a few minutes going "DUBYA TEE EFF!?"

That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of. B was pretty slick in the way he manipulated the parents and evaded charges so many times.

The parents were something else. Not sure how they weren’t charged with something.

The dad gets all the heat for the “relief”, but IMO the mom is the worst...

“Hey I know I just kidnapped and married your 12 year old daughter, but you’re pretty hot. Wanna come by my place later? I love you.” She says yes and hooks up with B for like 8 weeks or something.

And the part where she flys Jan out to work for B cause she’s sick of B calling?

Those were just two highlites that you guys didn’t already mention that came to mind.

The brother seems like a sleaze too. “Yeah he may have been a perve but he sold a lot of cars for me” Wow

Latest posts

Back