ABS light blinking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
I just replaced the rear tire on my 2011 and now the abs light is blinking. Everything went back easily. What am I over looking? One of the rear pads did fall out and had to put it back. Is that it, and do I just need to take the bike down the road?

Well this issue was entirely man-made. To make certain that there were no issues, I started the bike up and let the rear tire spin on the lift. Apparently the ABS light didnt like that. After some research and looking for trouble codes and finding non, I took the bike down the road, and no ABS light.

I heard they don't like it when the rear tire spins faster than the front. If you do a long enough burnout, it'll start flashing. I freaked out when I did a burnout in my 3/4 ton pickup and the brake light, and abs light both came on, and just applying the brakes to stop the abs pump was activating.......... Drove normal and it went back to normal lol. I haven't done it yet on the max, but atleast I know about it. It's scary if you just don't know.

Back