ACC/Gauges light bulbs????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxgrizz686

Reaction score
Hey guys looking for the aftermarket part # for these bulbs neutral,turn,high beam,etc they are 12 volt 3 watt.I believe T10 is the part # but only a guess looking in the electrial section but either blind or no dice info not there.Yamaha part # is 42X-83517-00-00 if that helps looked on the net too but again no luck.I'm usually pretty good at this sort of thing guess tonight isn't my night.....:confused2: lol.THANKS GUYS:wacko:

Last edited:
Hey guys looking for the aftermarket part # for these bulbs neutral,turn,high beam,etc they are 12 volt 3 watt.I believe T10 is the part # but only a guess looking in the electrial section but either blind or no dice info not there.Yamaha part # is 42X-83517-00-00 if that helps looked on the net too but again no luck.I'm usually pretty good at this sort of thing guess tonight isn't my night.....:confused2: lol.THANKS GUYS:wacko:
Your Salesman will be with you shortly, ahem, let me yell for him...HEY COPRUNNER!:biglaugh: Another customer for your light mod!:biglaugh:
In the meantime here is some reading material for you to peruse on how to install gauge lights: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8887 Thanks YukonerDave!

yup, this mod is a HUGE WIN!!!!! its easy and lots recommend it. my bike looks frickin awesome.

Go to www.superbrightleds.com they have a huge selection of colored LEDs for all kinds of applications the number 65 and 68 keeps coming to mind on this website.

Good luck Gannon

Thanks guys great idea I went to a local led bulb shop they gave me 74x replacement led wedge style try to get out the the garage soon all put them in thxs again.

Sounds to me like everyone who replied to this thread is talking about bulbs for the gauges and the original post is asking about bulbs for the idiot lights.

Not sure of a cross reference for the for the oem style

Vmaxcruzer has a thread about putting leds in for oil light, neutral, high beam, turn indicator, low fuel and mentioned some were simple and some required some extra wiring (turn and low fuel). Actually, not sure if the low fuel led light issue was solved?

I'm pretty sure the gauge backlights and the indicator lights are the same bulb....get clear ones for the idiot lights and whatever color you want for the gauges. Red or blue seem to be the most popular colors.

I found two 74x in the speedo, a 74xHP in the tach, and a 74HP3 in the temp gauge to be perfect....the tach and temp are the same brightness now and both easily readable. The speedo is a soft red glow that isn't annoying to look at in the dark, but still readable.

i used all four of the bright ones and perfectly illuminates it..... ofcourse if i didnt order all four the same all i was getting was a tisk tisk tisk from cop runner....... and he was right :)

anyways order up 6, you might have one not work and dont want to be waiting for another one to show up, they are super cheap so order 6 just incase........ i had one no good right off the batt.

i did notice on two of mine i had to pinch the socket just a tad to make them have good contact and work perfectly. also they are polar so only light up one way so if its not working dont freak out just flip the bulb and should be fine.

got red super awesome and blue..... looks good in garage havent driven with the blue yet but its killer also.

If I remember correctly the turn signal bulb will only work on one side with an LED, if you turn it around in the plug it will switch sides. I used two, soldered two legs together, placed both in the hole and now show half of the lense indicating one direction and half for the other. Looks nice. The problem was with the fuel light, it wont work as it should with an LED without some wiring hastles so I left it alone. All others in the pod are a direct replace and go.
For the turn signal I also cut and placed a small piece of black plastic between the bulbs fit into the pod tube so they shine to half way each direction, other wise it would bleed over through the lense. Good mod though, takes away from the battery and brightens it up a lot!

Back