Acceleration grip loose issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarioRRR

Reaction score
I noticed that my throttle grip is loose. Has some play left to right/ in and out.
Is there any solution to correct it?
Kind of bothers me they way it is right now.

thanks for prompt response.

My issue is not throttle cable free play. It is horizontal play on the bar left to right.
It is like 1/16 play however bothers me since other bikes have no play at all and when you drive it is noticeable even more.
At this point I am not sure if I am missing any spacer or just the way it is.

here is sketch representing this issue
10E4FE3B-1383-4034-A104-3D1CAABAD8CD.jpeg

thanks for prompt response.

My issue is not throttle cable free play. It is horizontal play on the bar left to right.
It is like 1/16 play however bothers me since other bikes have no play at all and when you drive it is noticeable even more.
At this point I am not sure if I am missing any spacer or just the way it is.

Yeah i knew that was what you meant.....I thought maybe taking up any play in the cable might improve what you are feeling.
I don't see a spacer on the throttle exploded view.
throttle.png

I have very little "end" play in my throttle but I have aftermarket grips that came with it's own throttle cam that attaches the cable.
The video is really zoomed in so it looks like more play than it is. It not noticeable at all when operating the bike.

Yeah i knew that was what you meant.....I thought maybe taking up any play in the cable might improve what you are feeling.
I don't see a spacer on the throttle exploded view.
View attachment 71668

I have very little "end" play in my throttle but I have aftermarket grips that came with it's own throttle cam that attaches the cable.
The video is really zoomed in so it looks like more play than it is. It not noticeable at all when operating the bike.

This is exactly what I have on my grips, maybe slightly more play as my grips are stock.
Still, I would like to eliminate it.

Latest posts

Back