Accesories-&-ECU flash

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
09 max will be here in a few weeks, very dissapointed that backrest/saddlebags/rear luggage rack ect are so expensive. cant really find any better deals on ebay than what my dealer wants. oh well.
ECU flash- is it hard to get at? ( remove ) I hear around 600$ to have it remapped? who are my choices to send it to? is it all that and a bag of chips? will it eliminate the rev limiter from cutting in on over revs? ( dont want to hurt the motor ) whats the deal, just unplug it send it in and plug it back in? easy peasy? even a cave man could do it?

Shorthair.........

09 max will be here in a few weeks, very dissapointed that backrest/saddlebags/rear luggage rack ect are so expensive. cant really find any better deals on ebay than what my dealer wants. oh well.
ECU flash- is it hard to get at? ( remove ) I hear around 600$ to have it remapped? who are my choices to send it to? is it all that and a bag of chips? will it eliminate the rev limiter from cutting in on over revs? ( dont want to hurt the motor ) whats the deal, just unplug it send it in and plug it back in? easy peasy? even a cave man could do it?

Shorthair.........

Yeah, it sucks about the price of these items and low/ no after market support.

There are a few others out there that offer re-flash service (ECUnleased) but Tim is light years ahead of them with his tune files and well worth the extra $$$. The ECU is not hard to get at, you need to remove the seat and faux cover. Also don't forget the airbox restricter plate is still in it.

I might be able to get the OEM parts for less then the dealer is telling you. Shoot me an email and i'll see what I can do. Also, let me know the price they are telling you so I have a reference.

We also have a few other items (like bars, seats, headers, xpipes, and other misc)

Sean
[email protected]

The ECU is easy to get out, didn't even unplug the battery on mine. I bought the race ECU from Yamaha (Stadium) and paid about $600. Tim was still working on the re-flash when I purchased, still not sure I would go his way only cause Yamaha did tune the race ECU good enough for me.

No more rev limits, won't hurt the engine, I have hit the red line many times and the engine will retard at 10,500 just to save your butt. Top end 175 + no haven't been there yet. 4th gear will hit 140 + easy.

Luggage rack is too small, got one sitting in the box. Put it on, took it off in two days. Hard to wax the tail section with it on and it's too small to carry anything on it.

Yeah, it sucks about the price of these items and low/ no after market support.

There are a few others out there that offer re-flash service (ECUnleased) but Tim is light years ahead of them with his tune files and well worth the extra $$$. The ECU is not hard to get at, you need to remove the seat and faux cover. Also don't forget the airbox restricter plate is still in it.

Light years is a bit of a stretch. Both products are good. I have spoken to someone who has ridden both flashes on the same bike. Tim's flash is smoother, but both products are similar in HP gains.

Latest posts

Back